List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I wonder what the suggestion is that got C.Scott in a fit of rage again?
especially after Viney said we wont apply, ffs we haven't won a game yet and they're crying, what the f is wrong at ofal house.
Its becoming clearer by the day equalisation only applies for the the big 4.
It's just a re-hash of his comments when the assistance package was announced last year.

So why he heck would he come to us?
Lets put it this way, something very heavy is going to be opened up and then released!
Open Sesame Money GIF by Beeld & Geluid
Pay Me Kim Kardashian GIF by GQ

The disparity in talent between each group of three is vast.

Parker/Wines/Battle don’t get us anywhere near flag contention.
We need to stem the bleeding at this point. Parker and Wines are at the end of their careers they will cost something but they won’t demand first rounders for them.

Offer contracts longer and more lucrative than their current clubs and look to transition them into coaching roles.

So its all doom and gloom is that what your opinion is.
My outlook is that once the 18-22 cohort becomes the 24-28 cohort we’ll be competitive. Which is six years away.

That’s if we still have a club by then.

Nothing the club has done in the last four years has been remotely at a professional level.

Wines must be our prime target, bloke has 4 good seasons in him. Tempt him with the offer of immediate captaincy. Sell him the idea of 'you could be the bloke that dug this club out of its hole'. He's the bull we need. Wants to be the big banana in the midfield - isnt that at Port. Possibly at the expense of a high-ish pick. 2nd and/or future 2nd rounder.

Luke Parker we could get cheaply. Seemingly unwanted by Sydney, a straight swap for Zurhaar would almost be enough. Would offer amazing leadership and like Wines, might be tempted by the fact he could steer us to the light. Class operator in the forward half.

Josh Battle is a restricted free agent. Wont cost us trade wise. Make him an irresistable offer. Sell it as being part of an exciting attacking team, as opposed to Ross Lyon sh*ttery. Logue, Battle and Goater led backline. Can be thrown forward too.

Rory Lobb we could wrench away for a future 4th. Seen enough of his to suggest he's a bloke who'd have a big impact at North.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is there any equalisation in EPL?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Sort of. They allow multimillionaires the option of purchasing teams to attempt to compete with billionaires.

Wines must be our prime target, bloke has 4 good seasons in him. Tempt him with the offer of immediate captaincy. Sell him the idea of 'you could be the bloke that dug this club out of its hole'. He's the bull we need. Wants to be the big banana in the midfield - isnt that at Port. Possibly at the expense of a high-ish pick. 2nd and/or future 2nd rounder.

Luke Parker we could get cheaply. Seemingly unwanted by Sydney, a straight swap for Zurhaar would almost be enough. Would offer amazing leadership and like Wines, might be tempted by the fact he could steer us to the light. Class operator in the forward half.

Josh Battle is a restricted free agent. Wont cost us trade wise. Make him an irresistable offer. Sell it as being part of an exciting attacking team, as opposed to Ross Lyon sh*ttery. Logue, Battle and Goater led backline. Can be thrown forward too.

Rory Lobb we could wrench away for a future 4th. Seen enough of his to suggest he's a bloke who'd have a big impact at North.

• Way too high a price
  • Won't be trading a free agent
  • Agree about having a dip at Battle
  • Lobb rocking up for one good game a month isn't what we need

Certainly hope you guys put an offer to Luke Parker for a 2-3 year deal.

Having a laugh if you’re not.

So in short:

• Godfather offers bring in Parker and Battle
  • Clarko calls up an old friend in Hardwick to pay him a lot of money to improve our small defence stocks no end
  • Smillie to fill our big bodied mid stocks
  • some kind of draft miracle that nabs us Luke Trainor (or even CZ compo?)
  • Fisher to go small forward when all of Bergs, Goater, George, Kerch, Hardeman and Sheezel are available to rotate thru HBF, otherwise, Stengle and Ainsworth are FAs
  • 2025: we play finals, yeah?
rick james cocaine GIF

Swapping Zurhaar for Parker seems a bad deal. Parker was rumoured to be on $700,000 so getting that off their books would be doing them a favour. And if Zurhaar leaves (which I don't want him to, FWIW), it removes the prospect of any FA compensation.

If Lobb comes cheap (trade-wise), I could do it. Mind you, if English hasn't signed, I'd prefer to throw the cheque book at him instead.

Battle I'm not sold on, particularly for a million bucks a year.

And Wines is a yes for me. Probably won't happen but at least ask the question.

Battle is an unrestricted free agent, so wouldn't have to worry about the Saints matching an offer and then having to trade for him.

I don't know why some posters are big on Wines, he's a big slow contested mid who can't spread. Would make our midfield even more one-paced. We will have a 3rd year Warlord and LDU next year at least as our 2 main contested mids. Would much prefer a Luke Parker, better defensively and can be effective as a forward rotation.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back