Delisted #22: Irving Mosquito - Parts ways with the club, unable to return from injury - 13/8

Remove this Banner Ad

7d6a32268dfe878f6e745a25c29c50d6.jpg

Good pick up, It fills a need and at pick 38 you very rarely find Great midfielders. With Green and Merrett gone becauser they werent up to standard and Baguley on on last legs we needed to fill a void and this kid looks like he can play.

Apart from Cyril some of the great small forwards have gone later in the draft.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This reminds me when we picked Davey

What do you think? He definitely isn't a ready to go inside mid but if any player can have an impact as a first year player it's a small forward.

I'm a little undecided overall.

I think it's a decision that reflects a lot of confidence in the options we have for the middle. Best available is always going to be influenced by what you think you need.

Right now I can't help but wonder whether Worsdold and Dodoro are on the same page in that regard (though I'd be lining up with Dodoro) but I'm happy we have the confidence in the inside midfield stocks.

Time will tell.

Edit: I do love the idea of this guy running around in the red and black as a stand alone thing. I doubt that anyone will really care about not selecting Bytel.

Last edited:
Disappointed we didn't match. Damn I hate you guys.

Anyway I've known Irv (not well though) since he moved to Gippsland at 12. We are friends with his guardians. And yes he was & obviously would still be an Essendon supporter.
All the best to young Irv, a rippa young fella. I hope he can forge a solid AFL career after completing year 12 next year which would be fitting given how much he has been through just to get this far.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back