Player Watch #22: Taylor Goad - #20 in '23 ND - the Unicorn

Remove this Banner Ad

Taylor Goad – No.22​

Emerging South Australian ruck Taylor Goad takes on the number last worn by Todd Goldstein.

Goldstein is one of just six players to have represented North Melbourne in 300 matches, and is one of the defining rucks of his generation along with Max Gawn.

Mark ‘The Fridge’ Roberts was the last to bring up triple figures before Goldstein. A reliable forward, he wore the number in 125 games including the 1996 Grand Final.

Another tap ruckman, Mick 'the Galloping Gasometer' Nolan represented the club in 107 games from 1973 to 1980, and was an important player in the 1975 Grand Final.

Other memorable figures to have worn No.22 are Pat Kelly, who donned it in each of his 104 games from 1945 to 1955, and towering ruck Matthew ‘Spider’ Burton.

6’8 ghost..
Surprised we haven’t heard much about him during the preseason.
Kids going to be a monster in a few years.
Was in the rehab group last session before Christmas and again first session back this year. I'm not sure whether he’s done anything specific or whether they are just managing him. Either way not an issue he’ll be a slow burn.

6’8 ghost..
Surprised we haven’t heard much about him during the preseason.
Kids going to be a monster in a few years.
Don't know why - but I get the feeling if he does come on well, he could be a mix of Goldy and Gawn in terms of his skillset.
Gawn's size and presence mixed with Goldy's linking ability and skill below his knees.

Don't know why - but I get the feeling if he does come on well, he could be a mix of Goldy and Gawn in terms of his skillset.
Gawn's size and presence mixed with Goldy's linking ability and skill below his knees.
In terms of mentors, I could also be happier with Xerri, Goad is really going to have to physically push past him.
He could end up with a nice mean streak, perfect for ruckman.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wonder how he's tracking...
Very slowly, but there's no issues the club is just managing his loads building him up for the rigours of a being a full-time professional footballer. Goady will be the very definition of "big men take time" having said that when he is ready look out he will be a very good footballer.

Hello everyone,

I sat down with Taylor Goad for a chat on the 'From the Stands' podcast, get around it and check it out, really keen for some feedback. We had a chat about South Adelaide, his teammates, (both past and present) and Alastair Clarkson.

Surely a mod changes the title of this thread to Taylor “Apricots” Goad

Any update on how he went in the 2nds game? Rough game time?
Played a half, not sure how he went, hopefully a few of those that hung around can enlighten us.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back