Retired #23: David Myers - Retiring at the end of the season - 20/8

Remove this Banner Ad

Its easy to forget but in 2017 we literally had no inside grunt without Myers. People kept asking for him to be dropped but we couldn't win the pill without him in the middle. With Watson gone and no obvious replacement (despite typically balanced mids trying to play more inside - Zerrett, Heppell, Parish, McGrath) he will absolutely be playing every game this year if fit. Hopefully he can list his Disposals, CP and CL by a few a game and the left boot gets back to its best.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Didn't get to see the game, the real question I have is about his disposal. Last year he always looked rushed with s**t bombs over his shoulder and awful fumbly handballs to players under pressure, was this present in his game or was it far cleaner with meaningful decisions behind his ball use?

Didn't get to see the game, the real question I have is about his disposal. Last year he always looked rushed with s**t bombs over his shoulder and awful fumbly handballs to players under pressure, was this present in his game or was it far cleaner with meaningful decisions behind his ball use?
Seemed cleaner and more decisive, but Merrett he isn't.

Still, looked a lot better than last year.

Gonna be critical and needs to stay fit.

I thought it was an ordinary game - And the points you raised were again apparent yesterday - Myers only works for me if it gives Heppell more opportunity to attack clearances.

I thought it was an ordinary game - And the points you raised were again apparent yesterday - Myers only works for me if it gives Heppell more opportunity to attack clearances.
I highly doubt we'd have won without him. Not saying he was excellent, but he was looking good albeit a little rusty like most players playing their first preseason game

Some bodies just can't hack it, and that's what he will be remembered for.

No sympathy from me tbh. My bro saw him absolutely shitfaced at Bimbo Deluxe only 3 weeks ago. Not professional imo. You've had all off-season.

Judging by all the boys instagrams he’s always living up the life of a AFL Footballer. 100% lacks professionalism.

Nice guy tho had a good chat to me when he was banned and I saw him out in Adelaide.

Last edited:
Some bodies just can't hack it, and that's what he will be remembered for.

No sympathy from me tbh. My bro saw him absolutely shitfaced at Bimbo Deluxe only 3 weeks ago. Not professional imo. You've had all off-season.
Gotta have a life too... but he should know how to strike a balance by now, and he's in the leadership group. Maybe it was his birthday or something :shrug:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back