Past #25: Robbie Tarrant - traded to RFC for CCJ&picks - 2yr deal at RFC - 174 NM games/44 NM goals - retires 13/7/23 effective immediately

Remove this Banner Ad

It was probably indicative by the fact that Taz was the only one not getting the suitcase belted out of him on here all year that he was a fair chance to clinch the B&F.

A stellar year and a well deserved and worthy winner. Well done and Congratulations Taz.

chers.png

I've said before that I had written Taz off and would not have given him another contract. Nice to be proven wrong in such a grand way. Congratulations Taz. If ever their is an example of someone who just kept working against the odds and repaying the faith, this is it. Great result for effort. Respect!

Made it into Robbo's Top 50.

Rance was at #2. I laughed. Hard.
You'd have to admire Robbo's pigheadedness in some respect. When he rates a player he doesn't stop there, he throws them in all sorts of elite categories and preaches to the masses "this guy...this guy...he can play Gerard."

It's good for a cheap laugh here and there.

He's not big/strong enough to play as a number 1 or number 2 defender, and he isn't quick enough (obviously) to play as a rebounder. If he plays defense its because Scott is looking for a spot for him because he can't break into the forward line.

I like this post.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Taz carves it up next year, some embarrassing posts in this thread will be bumped. And those posters will say "I am glad he proved me wrong".

Those seven words absolve all manner of unwarranted, often clueless, criticism - keep 'em in your armoury :thumbsu:
:thumbsu::thumbsu:

going to be a long road back, but if anyone can make it it's taz.
I personally think he should still stay in the forward line, can't see him making it as a defender personally.
:thumbsu::thumbsdown:

Nowhere near mobile enough or a strong enough OH mark to play back imo.

Forward line or bust for big Robbie. (nek minnit 2015 AA fullback)
:thumbsdown::thumbsu:

Taz is valuable up forward from a space making perspective. However, for mine he just doesn't kick enough goals himself.

Just think he could be more valuable as a defender at this stage.

Seriously.....yep he is our future and so on, been hearing that for years with nothing near expected output.

He tries hard but I'd already rather (the exciting) Durdin, whether he can run out a game or not because at least he shows ability.

There is far more to being a key defender than being "big and strong". Fact is Taz isn't up to it whether healthy or otherwise.

Been proven quite a few times already that he isn't up to AFL level as a KP player. Whether predominantly due to injuries or lack of talent. So yeah, it is fact.

ps; I wish Taz the very best in his future endeavours.
:thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

...he's had about seven wasted seasons, but as of now he's up and running and that can only be a positive.

He's my tip for 2015 surprise packet.
:thumbsu:

He'd walk into a number of teams if fully fit. Has ability, needs confidence. I have faith, play him where he feels comfortable.

Realistically, the make-up of our KPPs is going to be a bit of a raffle in 2015 so don't want to count Tazza out before a ball is bounced, but will be surprised if plays his 50th this year. Happy to be proven wrong on this count though.
:sunglasses::p

Personally I see him best suited as an inside midfielder. Now that Levi's gone I see an opening. ;)
:drunk::drunk:

And now Vice-Captain.

Freakin legend.

I am absolutely delighted for Taz.

To come in as a first round draft pick with the weight of expectation being Chris' brother.

From struggling to get on the park due to injury after injury.

From having to learn a new position from scratch to find a place in the team.

So proud of him for coming through on the other side. Absolute credit to him for persevering and being rewarded as Vice Captain.

Well done son, the North faithful absolutely love you!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back