Player Watch #25 Tom McDonald - In to 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Jones and McDonald both get mentioned all the times in commentary as bright lights for us this season. Other than that, we are s**t - so why would they get spoken about more?

I honestly have no complaints about them not getting recognition. Internally, Neeld would be loving them both and when our time comes to move up the ladder, they'll get the recognition they deserve.

Exactly. The last thing Tom needs is added pressure by winning the Rising Star award. Sure, would be great for the general footy public to acknowledge his efforts this season, but ultimately it means squat. Remember, Rys Palmer won the award! To a certain degree you could say it didn't do great things for Rich and even our own Rivers also. Tom doesn't need the added pressure this will bring. Us supporters know how valuable he's been and will be in the future, and that's more important. Improve his kicking by 10% or so and he will be a future A Grader. Mark my words...

Tom has so much potential, he can already match it with the bigger bodies, and he is still going to get a lot bigger, he really looks like becoming a genuine big key defender for a long time. sure his kicking is super bad, but if his kicking was super awesome, we would never have got him sliding so low in the draft, take the good with the bad, he can always work on his kicking.

MFC: McDonald expects to remain a Dee

MELBOURNE defender Tom McDonald says he won't be signing a new contract any time soon, but he expects to remain a Demon beyond this year.

McDonald's deal expires at the end of the season, and at 23 his relative youth and abilities as a key tall make him one of the more attractive out-of-contract players.

He was ranked fifth in rebound 50s per game in 2015 and ninth in one-percenters per game, and finished third in the best and fairest.

"We've been having open chats with the club. It's not 'contract talks are on hold', like the newspaper said a couple of weeks ago," McDonald said.

"That's happening in the background. It's definitely moving on, but not anywhere near finalised just yet.

Site won't let me vote to have TMac play FB in Round 1.
It's a conspiracy I tells ya!

Thread is from 2010
haha, yeah I did a bit of fossicking and merging to get this thread together. Deestroy as the OP lol

Poll removed.

haha, yeah I did a bit of fossicking and merging to get this thread together. Deestroy as the OP lol
Have to wonder if we will see some of the old guard return if we start to see wins early - Deestroy, Wonna, BigSexc

Gysberts2Bate I was saying Warnock was a 'mega dud' as per quoted, not that TMac is!

BigsexC owned the Board for years! Yes, I think a few prodigal sons will find their way home.
Seems all you have to do to be considered a good poster these days is not post for a while.

Hey guys, wont lie but a Supercoach question T.Mac was excellent last year but seems to have started the season off a bit slow. Is he playing a different role, is he a worry or should we expect the same output as last year sooner than later? Thanks for your time if you are willing to give it :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hey guys, wont lie but a Supercoach question T.Mac was excellent last year but seems to have started the season off a bit slow. Is he playing a different role, is he a worry or should we expect the same output as last year sooner than later? Thanks for your time if you are willing to give it :)

Probably has a bit more help this year? Not having to do it all himself. Also, without checking the stats, Id hazard a guess that we aren't giving up as many inside 50s this year. He can definitely improve on form from where he has started the season though.

We've gone to more of a forward press style plus the defense has more zone this season. Whether or not that will change his supercoach output I have no idea but I'd guess with Dunn back in he's probably going to be freed up more to do his frenetic running thing.

Thanks
Probably has a bit more help this year? Not having to do it all himself. Also, without checking the stats, Id hazard a guess that we aren't giving up as many inside 50s this year. He can definitely improve on form from where he has started the season though.
We've gone to more of a forward press style plus the defense has more zone this season. Whether or not that will change his supercoach output I have no idea but I'd guess with Dunn back in he's probably going to be freed up more to do his frenetic running thing.

Thank you both, really appreciated & why i love Bigfooty.

Just wondering if hes had a slight role change past 2 weeks? Hasnt quite hit his form of last year (supercoach-wise) but had a good past 2 weeks

Just wondering if hes had a slight role change past 2 weeks? Hasnt quite hit his form of last year (supercoach-wise) but had a good past 2 weeks
Really difficult to answer this question mate. Dee's defence a bit problematic in all areas. I like Tommy and his last few weeks have been better, but he's not at the form he achieved last year first half which in a way was to do with the fact that he had Lynden Dunn setting a solid structure and he could play his more attacking brand to compliment.

This year a bit different, but on a guess I don't think his improvement is on any very visible role change but more because he's adjusting. I expect him to improve again rather than deteriorate so if it's SuperCoach that drives your interest, he's maybe worth considering.

Not that it means much but Brett Anderson said today on SEN that the Swans are interested in McDonald.
Of course they would be. Ted Richards is unlikely to play on beyond this year, Grundy is 29 and slowing but still very good, and Talia and Alir are they're back up plans.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back