S120

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 19, 2011
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Wallabies
Even more importantly, is it time to start thinking about Parker as an outside Brownlow smokey?

Not many players on our list are proven vote getters.
He could definitely make a run at the Brownlow if this form and our overall form continues. He's putting together probably the best season of his career imo. His 2014 year was outstanding and his 2018 was also excellent but he's got far, far more responsibility this year and after a quiet first month he has been consistently in our best handful every single week.

He's now absolutely the consistently top echelon player that the media thought he was back in like 2015/16.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

CrowEater888

Club Legend
Mar 12, 2003
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
I am glad to see that I'm not the only one who thinks Parker is a Brownlow smokey.

I have Parker as a POD player in my SC midfield. He's owned by a tiny 2.4% of teams, but has averaged over the last 5 rounds 134.6 points.

I expect him to tear it up against a weak GCS.

Tedeski

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 2, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Sunnybrook Farm
To everyone who keeps bringing up the same old "no good in big games" "should be traded" garbage :handpointup:

Parker plays a team role. There is a pecking order and Kennedy is at the top Parker is #2. Coincidence that when JPK is well held Parker lifts his game? I don't think so.

The perfect clubman and a great vice captain/future captain.
Found this post from a year ago. Spot on Cadsky.
We're lucky to gave him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tedeski

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 2, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Sunnybrook Farm
He could definitely make a run at the Brownlow if this form and our overall form continues. He's putting together probably the best season of his career imo. His 2014 year was outstanding and his 2018 was also excellent but he's got far, far more responsibility this year and after a quiet first month he has been consistently in our best handful every single week.

He's now absolutely the consistently top echelon player that the media thought he was back in like 2015/16.
So to cut a long story short, you consistently wrote him off unfairly a few years ago, without taking into account any issues with his body which he carried into games. We all posted some interesting things on BF, but to get the boots into this bloke year after year, going by some of the posts througout this thread suggests we don't deserve such a player. I live Buddy but he comes at an enormous cost so I'll take Parker over Buddy every day of the week.

Bleeds for the club & his team mates, especially when he runs out carrying a significant injury when most players in the AFL wouldn't.

S120

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 19, 2011
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Wallabies
So to cut a long story short, you consistently wrote him off unfairly a few years ago, without taking into account any issues with his body which he carried into games. We all posted some interesting things on BF, but to get the boots into this bloke year after year, going by some of the posts througout this thread suggests we don't deserve such a player. I live Buddy but he comes at an enormous cost so I'll take Parker over Buddy every day of the week.

Bleeds for the club & his team mates, especially when he runs out carrying a significant injury when most players in the AFL wouldn't.
Wrote him off is a little extreme, I remember being sick of him and thinking we should trade him for a brief period, but that was likely an overly emotional reaction.

I certainly criticised him for inconsistent play and going missing in big games in which we needed him between 2014 and 2016.

His consistency and play have improved significantly in the last few years and he has taken to captaincy like a duck to water, so I don't criticise him anymore, in fact I laud him.

Pretty simple.

Top Bottom