Player Watch #26 Luke Parker

Remove this Banner Ad

d05af3810baa11138a15ef8d759b18c8

Luke Parker
Luke Parker has plenty of football ahead and has already compiled a resume packed with impressive achievements. Since landing at the Sydney Swans via the 2010 AFL Draft, he has won a 2012 premiership medal, earned All Australian selection and won two Bob Skilton medals. In 2015, he was added to the club’s leadership group at the age of just 22, and has led the team as a co-captain alongside Josh Kennedy and Dane Rampe since 2019. While Parker is among the league’s elite midfielders, his strong marking and expert game awareness make him a genuine threat when rotating through the forward line.

Luke Parker
DOB: 25 October 1992
DEBUT: 2011
DRAFT: #40, 2010 National Draft
RECRUITED FROM: Langwarrin (Vic)/Dandenong U18

Last edited by a moderator:
Got a feeling in my water that Parker will be in this week. No idea who goes out or where he will play, but I think Longmire will want his hardness in against Carlton.
Not yet it seems!

I know he'll be doing the good team thing supporting all the lads in the first team, but I wonder how he's feeling privately. A tick under 31 and can't get back in the side despite having been a staple in our best 22 for well over 10 years...

He'll feature again this season no doubt, but looks like he's having to wait on injuries and someone playing poorly to get back in rather than being a walk-up start.

Not yet it seems!

I know he'll be doing the good team thing supporting all the lads in the first team, but I wonder how he's feeling privately. A tick under 31 and can't get back in the side despite having been a staple in our best 22 for well over 10 years...

He'll feature again this season no doubt, but looks like he's having to wait on injuries and someone playing poorly to get back in rather than being a walk-up start.
Yep it happens to the best of us 🤷‍♂️

Parker has been an absolute champion of the Swans, however perhaps the writing was on the wall when he was prompted to step down from the captaincy at end of 2023. He might have been informed that there wasn't a guaranteed spot for him in 2024.

Whilst admiring his toughness for years, I believe the midfield combination is working much better with the current setup. Parker is a club legend and injuries may open up an opportunity at some point. However, Taylor has better disposal skills and improves the team without a doubt as does JJ who shuts out the key rebounded or mid whilst adding more than Clarke did.

This Swans team is phenomenal and a privilege to watch each week and whilst Parker has been a fantastic loyal servant at the club, it's hard to see a role with how dominant the team is playing without him in 2023.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Clearly going for the sheppard but if he got him high it's bad luck. Not intentional but unfortunately that's the rules. If he cops a few weeks, he'll just have to accept it. Hope the other player is okay.

Really shit timing. He would have been a good chance to come in for Fox this week, even if only as sub. Pretty much the perfect way back in to the team

Really s**t timing. He would have been a good chance to come in for Fox this week, even if only as sub. Pretty much the perfect way back in to the team
Roberts will be in for Fox. Doubt Horse and the coaches will screw with the structure. Parker would have to replace one of Adams, Jordon, McInerney, Wicks but all of them are playing too well.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back