Player Watch #26 Luke Parker

Remove this Banner Ad

d05af3810baa11138a15ef8d759b18c8

Luke Parker
Luke Parker has plenty of football ahead and has already compiled a resume packed with impressive achievements. Since landing at the Sydney Swans via the 2010 AFL Draft, he has won a 2012 premiership medal, earned All Australian selection and won two Bob Skilton medals. In 2015, he was added to the club’s leadership group at the age of just 22, and has led the team as a co-captain alongside Josh Kennedy and Dane Rampe since 2019. While Parker is among the league’s elite midfielders, his strong marking and expert game awareness make him a genuine threat when rotating through the forward line.

Luke Parker
DOB: 25 October 1992
DEBUT: 2011
DRAFT: #40, 2010 National Draft
RECRUITED FROM: Langwarrin (Vic)/Dandenong U18

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess Brayden Maynard should never play again if we're going to give the outcome such a significant weighting.

What a joke.

Reasons:

It was open to the Tribunal to take into account the nature and severity of the injuries suffered by Smith and the number of matches for which he would now be unavailable.

The Tribunal was bound to consider the totality of the evidence in coming to its determination on sanction.

It was open to the Tribunal after considering the totality of the evidence that the carelessness was not at the low level by Parker.

On sanction imposed being manifestly excessive:

This board is not and could not be in a position to impose some different sanction even if it disagreed with the sanction imposed, unless Parker could demonstrate the sanction imposed was so unreasonable or plainly unjust.

This could only be demonstrated if the six-match sanction was shown to be so out of the range of sanctions that could’ve been imposed.

We consider that has not been established.

I guess Brayden Maynard should never play again if we're going to give the outcome such a significant weighting.

What a joke.

They changed the rules after the Maynard farce it was ridiculous they have closed that loophole. Look does he deserve 6 maybe maybe not but does 5 weeks sound any better to everyone? It was always a 5-6 weeker don’t know why everyone is so surprised and up in arms. Let’s move on we have the depth now to nit worry about Parker, Caiden Cleary is coming off a 38 possession game, Sheldrick is there if fit, Mills is now fit.

Let’s move on we have the depth now to nit worry about Parker, Caiden Cleary is coming off a 38 possession game, Sheldrick is there if fit
Give me a spell. We've got some half decent players - not a patch on Parker currently - maybe coming through so let's not worry about a club legend and last year's captain copping an over the top penalty?

What a shitty attitude.

Give me a spell. We've got some half decent players - not a patch on Parker currently - maybe coming through so let's not worry about a club legend and last year's captain copping an over the top penalty?

What a shitty attitude.

It was always in the 5-6 range. Always was and it was. The incident was always higher than Wright or the GWS bloke who got 3-4. It was given less than Webster. Expected 5-6, and he got it.

Mills is back this week in the VFL anyway. Parker will be great backup towards the back of the season and that’s more than fine. He’s there if we cop an injury or two.

They changed the rules after the Maynard farce it was ridiculous they have closed that loophole. Look does he deserve 6 maybe maybe not but does 5 weeks sound any better to everyone? It was always a 5-6 weeker don’t know why everyone is so surprised and up in arms. Let’s move on we have the depth now to nit worry about Parker, Caiden Cleary is coming off a 38 possession game, Sheldrick is there if fit, Mills is now fit.

True test of the system if it happens to a Daicos in a final.

Would be very interesting and nothing would surprise me if it ever eventuates.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why did we bother? I get showing the guy support but this was always in the 5-6 range so it’s not as if they got it that wrong.

Why accept a decision for any player if you think it's wrong?

It was always in the 5-6 range. Always was and it was. The incident was always higher than Wright or the GWS bloke who got 3-4. It was given less than Webster. Expected 5-6, and he got it.

Mills is back this week in the VFL anyway. Parker will be great backup towards the back of the season and that’s more than fine. He’s there if we cop an injury or two.
Mills is back this week?

What?!

What a shitty attitude.

We would do this for any of our players. The penalty is manifestly unfair. Four was adequate

Mills is back this week?

What?!

Wasn’t he due back in the VFL pretty soon? Not that big a deal we already have too many mids to fit in anyway. Someone goes down Cleary is there

Whether we have or haven’t players in reserve is immaterial as is Luke’s status in the Club.

I believe our Club cops more concussions than most others and is sensitive to the issue. It would not appeal lightly.

I hope they are discussing taking this to Court.

It was never going to be overturned or reduced let’s be real.

If they don't try then it won't .

They didn't get Heeney to work the case instead of train , it was little effort.

If they don't try then it won't .

They didn't get Heeney to work the case instead of train , it was little effort.

Sure don’t see the point though least it’s over now and Parker will be back in 5 weeks + the bye

Wasn’t he due back in the VFL pretty soon? Not that big a deal we already have too many mids to fit in anyway. Someone goes down Cleary is there
No, Mills is due back in 4/5 weeks according to the latest Swans injury report from last week. We don’t have that many mids. An injury or 2 and with no Parker or Mills for another 5 weeks our depth is stretched to handing out debuts.

No, Mills is due back in 4/5 weeks according to the latest Swans injury report from last week. We don’t have that many mids. An injury or 2 and with no Parker or Mills for another 5 weeks our depth is stretched to handing out debuts.

Cleary is there and no reason Adams couldn’t play in the inside mid if need be. That’s only 4 or so from Mills being fit. Touch wood but we haven’t had to cop too many disruptions to the midfield.

Accepted this being a 5-6 weeker when it happened so I was hardly shocked anyway

I think there’s an inverse relationship between the jurisdiction size of a tribunal and their level of ‘self-importance’!!

I attended a Sydney AFL tribunal one night and the d1ckhead chair was the biggest pork chop I’ve ever seen … if a player inadvertently forgot to address him as “the reputable and legendary Mr Chairman”, he would come down on the player like a tonne of bricks, and then add a week or two to their suspension just for good measure 🤷‍♂️🤦‍♂️

Remove this Banner Ad

Back