Delisted #28: Ned Cahill - Not offered a new contract, thanks Ned! - 13/8

Remove this Banner Ad

Glad to see him get an extended look at it. Quite clearly has the nose for goal you want in a small but his high work rate will hopefully allow him to stay in games for longer periods of time

Could have easily had 4 last week given he dropped the one he gave to Parish and was also in pole position to mark one in the goal square that just hung a fraction too long for him.

I hate saying this cause he seems like a great kid and I can see the nouse and smarts that the club obviously like.....but he cannot get separation from his opponent. At AFL level, he is slow. I’m sorry, but he just is.

Not many slow small forwards have substantial AFL careers.

I don't see it with this kid
Gee tough call, none of our forwards did well tonight especially with the entries we had, he snagged 2 goals last week and set up a few in his first game. Likely to be dropped but it’s good to see him get a small taste of the standard and he should be better for it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've liked what I've seen from Cahill, tonight was a shocker but the total picture seems prospective. Unfortunately, looks nowhere near consistent AFL level football atm but I like him for our future.

His lack of speed has always been an issue, gets by from pure smarts and workrate and because of that I still think he is capable of kicking bags for us in the future.

Having smarts doesn’t mean a lot when your team mates lack the smarts to kick it to you when you’ve made position.

I hate saying this cause he seems like a great kid and I can see the nouse and smarts that the club obviously like.....but he cannot get separation from his opponent. At AFL level, he is slow. I’m sorry, but he just is.

Not many slow small forwards have substantial AFL careers.

Which is why in time he will be better suited playing midfield but alas he is another small midfielder. You are right. His pace is going to restrict what he will be able to do as a small forward. Has a massive tank so will need a role where he can just run all day.

He has had a bit of a look. Time for him to go back into development pahse.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back