Past #29: Brent Harvey - drafted w/ #47 in '95 ND - 432 games/518 goals for NM - AFL games record holder

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we were to lose boomer at years end, to retirement or moving him on, it would be a disaster. Our two biggest issues onfield are:

> Our ball use into the 50 - Boomer is easily number 1 at hitting a target inside 50 for us
> Our lack of speed and penetration in the midfield - Boomer provides more of this then any of our midfielders.

When we do lose Boomer, if we haven't made radical advancements in both these two areas of our list, we are in some serious trouble

Problem is if they sign boomer now the other players will ask "what about me"... Tough for the club to sign some right now without telling the others they won't be signed on. Just have to wait till our season is done.

I hear ya scoopy but you know what... maybe if said players were getting his numbers they wouldn't have to be worried about it. No point complaining about others getting a contract when they have outperformed you all year.

i at one stage heard Wayne Carey say something along the likes of Sam Mitchell not getting a game for any other team apart from the Hawks, so don't really care what he says since he is so impulsive.

i at one stage heard Wayne Carey say something along the likes of Sam Mitchell not getting a game for any other team apart from the Hawks, so don't really care what he says since he is so impulsive.

At least he has an opinion unlike those sycophants Ling and Richo.

At least he has an opinion unlike those sycophants Ling and Richo.
This is also true.

Often one of them shares something obvious like.

"Oh Dangerfield soooo good, oh yes oh yes, Lingy how good is he, so good, Richo is he good or what yes yes so good fap fap fap fap", followed by a group wank. i personally find Brad Johnson one of the most annoying.

Commentary for the AFL is almost at an all time low.

I think it's a stitch up!!!!!! If wayne Carey was 37 and averaging 4 goals a game and kicking 11 once or twice a season he wouldn't be pushed aside, like I feel they are doing to boomer! Has he kicked 6 goals in a game this year! Has he kicked 4 goals in a game this year! in fact how many goals has he kicked ? If he is our 2nd to third best player then he stays! Average career for a kid in afl is 2ys. I garantee you boomer will still be in our top 10 players in 2 yrs. so there!!!

32 Disposals and 3 Goals on Saturday against Sydney, clearly hasn't lost it and almost every single player has a bad game once in a while. The people saying that Harvey should retire based on one performance from last week are disgraceful and outright disrespectful. A person who has literally carried the club for a decade even when we were shithouse and decided to stay deserves to decide when he retires - let's not forget his easily in the top 5 players at the club still at 38... Harvey's a Legend for the club and has given his all to it. If they are so eager to ''clean'' up their list, I could easily find 3 or 4 players ahead of the chopping blocks than Harvey..

32 Disposals and 3 Goals on Saturday against Sydney, clearly hasn't lost it and almost every single player has a bad game once in a while. The people saying that Harvey should retire based on one performance from last week are disgraceful and outright disrespectful. A person who has literally carried the club for a decade even when we were shithouse and decided to stay deserves to decide when he retires - let's not forget his easily in the top 5 players at the club still at 38... Harvey's a Legend for the club and has given his all to it. If they are so eager to ''clean'' up their list, I could easily find 3 or 4 players ahead of the chopping blocks than Harvey..

But what was with that f&*j up at goal in the final quarter that could have put us within three. Stupid momentum killing play.

His field kicking isn't quite as pin point as it was in previous seasons, he is a touch slower and he doesn't finish in frout of goal quite as effectively either, having said that which might sound contradictory, he has had his highest goal kicking output this year, and he is still one of our most skillful players, and god knows we lack skillful players . Has had a good year and deserves another ahead of every other vetren maybe apart from Wells.

But what was with that f&*j up at goal in the final quarter that could have put us within three. Stupid momentum killing play.
He tried something, it didn't work. It happens when you're chasing a game sometimes. We just couldn't get in front, it was frustrating. Harvey is bound to make the odd blue. Dangerfield's not perfect either.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He tried something, it didn't work. It happens when you're chasing a game sometimes. We just couldn't get in front, it was frustrating. Harvey is bound to make the odd blue. Dangerfield's not perfect either.

Try the fancy s**t when we are up by 10 goals. A shot or a short kick into a closer teammate at that stage of the game would have been a much better option.

Try the fancy s**t when we are up by 10 goals. A shot or a short kick into a closer teammate at that stage of the game would have been a much better option.
What can you do? I nearly broke the television at the time. It's worked many times before for him.

Suspect he's got a few credits in the bank to be trusted in that situation.

We need to just let him keep playing until someone forces him out. We could put games into a rookie for the next few years until we realise they are no good. His training, preparation and recovery as an example to young players alone should keep him on the list.

Are Footy Classified basing the calls on letting him go because we haven't announced anything yet? By that rational we will be retiring every player 30 or older on our list and that isn't going to happen.

Give it a rest mate. He tried something, it didn't work, but at that stage of the game, if he hadn't have been there in the first place, we would not have even been in the picture to have a shot at winning the game.

Boomer is an absolute champion, is in our best 3 or 4 players and makes more good decisions than just about anyone else at the club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back