Player Watch #30: Charlie Comben

Remove this Banner Ad

Oh how I wish this would happen.

We desperately need a physical presence up there.

This little experiment of having midsize forward line may work in time but a Nick Larkey and Charlie Comben is far more dangerous and keeps the opps KPD's honest...CCJ and Larkey plays too close to each other for my liken.

This little experiment of having midsize forward line may work in time but a Nick Larkey and Charlie Comben is far more dangerous and keeps the opps KPD's honest...CCJ and Larkey plays too close to each other for my liken.
Sellers is the man.

Time to pair up Larkey with a smart forward and not a dumb useless log.

It’s never going to work against strong aerial intercepting teams like GWS, Brisbane ect. It’s also never going to work without small forwards that apply forward pressure m.

Opposition defenders would lick their lips when they know they are going to be lining up on CCJ. We need another tall who is a contested marking threat to take the pressure off Larkey.

I don’t care if that Sellers or Comben, but I’d probably prefer Comben because he can be a decent 2nd ruck option too.

It’s never going to work against strong aerial intercepting teams like GWS, Brisbane ect. It’s also never going to work without small forwards that apply forward pressure m.

Opposition defenders would lick their lips when they know they are going to be lining up on CCJ. We need another tall who is a contested marking threat to take the pressure off Larkey.

I don’t care if that Sellers or Comben, but I’d probably prefer Comben because he can be a decent 2nd ruck option too.
More importantly he takes our forward pressure from a 1/10 to a 6/10. We should be trying to find more physical, defensively capable forwards.

HF:Ford Comben Simpkin
F:Greenwood Larkey Duursma

I:Curtis Stephenson

Play CZ in the guts as a wrecking ball.

R:Xerri Wardlaw Zurhaar
C:Stephens LDU Scott

I:McKercher Powell

I really want CCJ to succeed, but it's looking less likely with each game. He seems to be totally lacking in the required level of aggression.

Is it too early for Maley or The Unicorn?
He lacks aggression, agility and skill.

Aside from that, he’s the complete package.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I really want CCJ to succeed, but it's looking less likely with each game. He seems to be totally lacking in the required level of aggression.

Is it too early for Maley or The Unicorn?
Dunno if Maley is big enough but I think he'd still provide more up forward. The Unicorn can wait until he is a bit older I reckon. Don't want him getting bashed up cos if his athleticism translates then he'll become a great player.

Charlie is being set up to fail by the high expectations of the supporter base. He’s played 9 senior games and has had an interrupted preseason, not to mention he is learning a new position. I’d prefer for him to build confidence in his body and role in the VFL for a month before being considered.

Charlie is being set up to fail by the high expectations of the supporter base. He’s played 9 senior games and has had an interrupted preseason, not to mention he is learning a new position. I’d prefer for him to build confidence in his body and role in the VFL for a month before being considered.
For mine it’s pump games into him and no judgement especially as a key back that is new to him

He’s a high end talent that is our future just get the games in now while we are rebuilding so when we contend he is ready

I would have all three if chom is rucking a bit.

I have a feeling the pressure is going to build on the coaching staff to put him back to CHF if he's not playing at AFL level at least.

Otherwise it's going to become a sticking point.

The only reason not to would be if they see Will Dawson as a better forward but playing them both in defence in the VFL ain't the solution.

Personally I think he's a forward who needs coaching on his aggression ie. what balls he should and shouldn't be going for. Needs to calm the f*** down a bit like Ziebell in his early years. Also needs to coaching on leading patterns.

I have a feeling the pressure is going to build on the coaching staff to put him back to CHF if he's not playing at AFL level at least.

Otherwise it's going to become a sticking point.

The only reason not to would be if they see Will Dawson as a better forward but playing them both in defence in the VFL ain't the solution.

Personally I think he's a forward who needs coaching on his aggression ie. what balls he should and shouldn't be going for. Needs to calm the f*** down a bit like Ziebell in his early years. Also needs to coaching on leading patterns.
Who's the pressure going to come from?

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

So true, but I have a feeling "maddie" is a "roo" girl forever and she's not going anywhere, she's one of us!:D

That’s a given!!

I mean on Bigfooty. There are many Twitter people, of which Maddie is one, that have left BF because of the negativity.

That’s more what ai was referring too.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back