Player Watch #30: Charlie Comben

Remove this Banner Ad

Fully admit that from the early glimpses I saw of Comben last year I had serious doubts about whether he'd ever make it as an AFL footballer.

But gee, showed some great signs today. Good intent and physicality which is what you want to see from young guys pushing for a regular spot in the best 22.

Being thrust into the guts once X went down was a Godsend for Chom IMO. No longer isolated with the Hurn, McGovern, Barrass triumvirate looking to outbody and intercept. Able to follow the play and get his hands on the pill to get himself going. Like!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Being thrust into the guts once X went down was a Godsend for Chom IMO. No longer isolated with the Hurn, McGovern, Barrass triumvirate looking to outbody and intercept. Able to follow the play and get his hands on the pill to get himself going. Like!
I reckon leave him there...

He's less than an inch shorter than Goldy, can jump and can play forward when he needs to. Someone likened him to Corza and you can see the similarities. it would give us options.

He and X would combine well when we needed it, we could chuck CCJ onto the forward line and let Chom loose!!

A key forward who can tackle like that is worth a fortune.
Very Waite like, in that one he makes a decision, the closing speed and the force are going to hurt.

You can see in his celebrations, this bloke gives 100% and really gives a crap.

That was a hell of a play by Zurhaar. Took the pump, strength through the core to stay on his feet, then load up a 65m bomb to the contest.

It' a great team sequence for sure. Also don't discount the subtle block from Larkey in the square to make sure the Wet Toast defenders couldn't get there in time to spoil legally.

Wash your mouth out KC.

six goals, 12 marks, 14 disposals, 7 tackles and on report for unduly rough play and that will do me.
1 goal, 13 disposals, 3 marks and six tackles.

Now yeah missed it by a tad lol but not sure I was far wrong with , " reported for unduly rough play". It will happen sooner than later.

So much to like.

1 goal, 13 disposals, 3 marks and six tackles.

Now yeah missed it by a tad lol but not sure I was far wrong with , " reported for unduly rough play". It will happen sooner than later.

So much to like.
Led the game with 11 score involvements.

I reckon leave him there...

He's less than an inch shorter than Goldy, can jump and can play forward when he needs to. Someone likened him to Corza and you can see the similarities. it would give us options.

He and X would combine well when we needed it, we could chuck CCJ onto the forward line and let Chom loose!!
I like it. We have all stresed out re the injury aspect to him being in the ruck but not sure if that's even really a thing. On the plus side however it gets him involved which will lift his confidence and with his ground level game/ tackling he is like another mid.

One of the best passages of the game thanks to Charlie

View attachment 1633167
Brilliant giantroo thank you. Watching the replay now (and loving it) and just rewound this passage of play multiple times, just to watch Chom's second effort.

That single act should be replayed to the entire team this week as the Required Effort for the rest of the year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back