Delisted 31. Francis Evans (2020 -2022)

Remove this Banner Ad

Love a good conspiracy yarn ... did they see him kicking goals on the grassy knoll ..

If that is true ... id have concerns about being accused of drafting manipulation

It would sort of explain why we would draft him before some players who looked handy ...like a Cumberland for example ... If the clubs think he could quickly press for games.. he may have appealled more than some younger long term player..
Or we could call it "creative asset protection".

Love a good conspiracy yarn ... did they see him kicking goals on the grassy knoll ..

If that is true ... id have concerns about being accused of drafting manipulation

It would sort of explain why we would draft him before some players who looked handy ...like a Cumberland for example ... If the clubs think he could quickly press for games.. he may have appealled more than some younger long term player..
Checkside from the book depository actually.

No idea whats in it, could mean anything. Could have cost him half a season of conditioning too. Doubt we will ever know if its true or not.

Something interesting about this bloke.. my FIL often has tiny tidbits about things from within the club, and mentioned halfway through last year about a fella the Cats were eyeing off. I saw him over the weekend and he said something to the effect of: There was no injury to Evans. The Cats just wanted to put him out of sight and out of mind of the other clubs, so they exaggerated a story about something minor with the offer of a list spot to put him away for the season.
No idea whether thats the facts or not, but the ol FIL doesnt tell porkies and his intel is generally on the money.

Not the type of rumour you'd want to be spreading around.

Something interesting about this bloke.. my FIL often has tiny tidbits about things from within the club, and mentioned halfway through last year about a fella the Cats were eyeing off. I saw him over the weekend and he said something to the effect of: There was no injury to Evans. The Cats just wanted to put him out of sight and out of mind of the other clubs, so they exaggerated a story about something minor with the offer of a list spot to put him away for the season.
No idea whether thats the facts or not, but the ol FIL doesnt tell porkies and his intel is generally on the money.
Recall something similar being said about Abbott, that Geelong 'hid' him in the GFL in his draft year. Never really turned out to be a hidden superstar.

All due respect to your source, I can't see young Frankie saying yes to that not could I see Wells making such a representation to a kid, any kid.

No. He was just a massive reach

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No. He was just a massive reach

LOL. WOW. They all are massive reaches after pick 40... even after 30 TBH.
I love the American term "Reach". Those two draft pundits (Mad Mel Kiper Junior & I Told u so Todd McShay) coined the term about a decade or so ago when teams in the NFL picked players when they thought little of or had no knowledge of. Hilarious to hear the term when it comes to AFL drafting, considering there is 12 months and about a dozen games to go by at elite levels. When the NFL has 3 & sometimes 4 years to go on with and are drafting men rather than teenagers.
Cheers!

This kid will go alright, don't worry about that. Natural footballers, we need more in the competition. His marking overhead and goal kicking for a 182cm bloke is quite rare. Could be a Toby Greene type, with just less agro.

Big ask to step up from Brunswick to playing afl. No vfl, no preseason games just training and a few scratch matches. I don't mind it but let's not crucify the guy if he's off the pace early.
Yeah it is, but this is also the MC that handed a debut to an Irishman who had played 7 games of footy. Not 7 games in the vfl, 7 games ever. Said Irishmen is now on the leadership group.

A guy on debut kicking his first goal and giving energy to the team who would have thought.....and to play d-grade amateurs then your next game to be in the the AFL wow

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back