Player Watch #32: Tom Sparrow – in until 2026

Remove this Banner Ad

Comedy Central GIF by South Park

I would say if you can't handle reading about Tom Sparrow in the Sparrow thread, don't click on it
Problem solved

I see he got zero centre bounces on Sunday. Don't know what to make of that. Extending him seems like an error, I would have let him go. Think he is just an average role player who had a good September in 2021.

I see he got zero centre bounces on Sunday. Don't know what to make of that. Extending him seems like an error, I would have let him go. Think he is just an average role player who had a good September in 2021.
Don't really agree. I'm not really a fan, but 2 years is a good call. We'd barely get a 2nd rounder for him and there's not a lot of blokes on our list that's any good around that mid 20s age. Is it Goodys coaching? Is Tom just average? We've got 2 more years to find out and atm the depth for his spot is Laurie who looks worse than Sparrow. Hopefully Taj or Kynan steps up and pushes for his spot.

good player. runs both ways, does the team things, puts his body on the line and is a long, straight penetrating kick. Being played out of position. I'll take a player with his competitive streak over a guy that gets numbers on the stat sheet.

good player. runs both ways, does the team things, puts his body on the line and is a long, straight penetrating kick. Being played out of position. I'll take a player with his competitive streak over a guy that gets numbers on the stat sheet.

Good player only? You've downgraded him from 'great' i see.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

It seems the stat sheet only matters when it favours your argument.

That's not very nice to Clayton

It seems the stat sheet only matters when it favours your argument.
So you're suggesting that there's a conspiracy theory that for whatever reason I must say that i like Tom Sparrow footy or the alternative is that i actually think he is a decent player.

There was a time when people wanted ANB out of the team, for years. I was never one of them despite his low numbers. The ANB haters are still out there but very quiet these days.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This aged well. Time to wake up. One of our best today.
He was very good today, laid 7 tackles and seem to have a purpose rather than last week where he just looked lost. However it's only been one week, if he can start to do it consistently then I'd suggest you can start calling people out.

Last edited:
He was very good today, laid 7 tackles and seem to have a purpose rather than last week where he just looked lost. However it's only been one week, if he can start to do it consistently then I'd suggest you can start calling people out.
People questioning his spot in the team, well he just showed why he was today. People should give credit when its due.

Don't think it covers anyone in glory flip flopping on players week by week, bad game = he sucks, good game = he's a gun.

At least give it a half season or so.

Pretty much this.

He played a pretty bog average year last year, this year he has played one good game and two bad ones.

I want the guy to succeed, at his best he is very handy. Consistency is his biggest issue and I hope he can overcome that.

Has been needing to lift and he did today. Forgetting stats, he had some really impactful moments.

Hopefully gives him a benchmark for the rest of the season

Remove this Banner Ad

Back