Player Watch #32: Tom Sparrow – in until 2026

Remove this Banner Ad

I’m not saying he’s the source though, he’s just an example of how we are still too stagnant with team structure.
Flicked Jordan and Harmes, brought in Billings and Windsor who have played almost every game. Given Howes games down back. Brought Disco in to play up forward. I think we've made plenty of changes and not sure dropping Sparrow (who has had some decent games this year, along with some bad ones) for Sestan/Tholstrup/Kynan Brown will have much impact.

Sestan has improved in the VFL but would struggle to run out a game of AFL playing high half forward which requires a lot of up and back running given his conditioning.

He's had opportunities this year to show he's more than just a bog average role player but I think that's what he is.

Surprised he doesn't get demoted to the vfl considering his lack of output but maybe he does more to please the coaches than what we see as fans.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Credit where it's due, thought he was a level above his poor recent weeks tonight. If that's his ceiling then he needs to bring that most weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
I don't want to sound negative he was solid tonight but I hope that's no his ceiling because I would want a bit more from himm

Thanks gander 🙌
I’ve changed my mind watching it again - puts noticeable effort in throughout if you watch him closely.

Though the results and impact are pretty much the same so yeah, running in a threatening manner still doesn’t fully explain his role in the team or his contract extension

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm under the weather but I didn't think he was any different at all to normal?
I'll need to watch the replay but watching live he was more noticeable. I think it was the style we seem to switch the ball across the half forward line more and he always seem to be in the middle of the chain. I don't recall him doing anything damaging just 20 meter kicks to players on the outside. Not better but he wasn't invisible. As I said I'll need to watch the replay he might have done some other good things.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back