Traded #32: Travis Colyer - traded to Freo for future 4th rounder

Remove this Banner Ad

hitting the ball back in play when we were outnumbered and had a chance to reset was a typical of our mindset I think.

the little difference between them and us when it counted. They were disciplined and kept playing for stoppage and reset when required. We are always looking to scattergun and get it moving.

If it was up to me, I'd delist him tomorrow. He's no longer quick, his hands are sloppy, his marking is sh*t, he doesnt tackle, he doesnt apply pressure, he's a midget, he doesn't gut run, his football intelligence is non existent. He has good biceps, that's all i can say that's positive.

I challenge someone to give me a positive about him as a footballer.

If it was up to me, I'd delist him tomorrow. He's no longer quick, his hands are sloppy, his marking is sh*t, he doesnt tackle, he doesnt apply pressure, he's a midget, he doesn't gut run, his football intelligence is non existent. He has good biceps, that's all i can say that's positive.

You forgot his wonderful beard. But yeah other than that you're spot on.

hitting the ball back in play when we were outnumbered and had a chance to reset was a typical of our mindset I think.

the little difference between them and us when it counted. They were disciplined and kept playing for stoppage and reset when required. We are always looking to scattergun and get it moving.

While that might be true, that particular instance reflects the fact that Colyer is a dumb footballer. He's always been a bit out-of-control and he has never had a great deal of spatial awareness. I think there are a few other regulars who are in the same boat.

I thought it was silly to bring him back two weeks ago, effectively rushing him back to the seniors, and nothing that has happened in those two games has changed my mind. Colyer isn't AFL standard.

I don't know about delisting just yet, but I agree he adds nothing to the team at the moment. His form was so average last year you have to wonder why he was rushed back into the team. Seems like a poor decision. Needed to be dropped back to the VFL last week. Hopefully it happens this week.

tenor.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’ve backed Colyer over the years but there is no doubt he has lost speed.....was genuinely quick once upon a time, now he’s one of those short guys who looks quick but isn’t really.

And without speed, he just doesn’t offer enough. Plus we looked like a team of ******* short people tonight. A little more presence in the air across the ground would add to the team.

How do we keep players like this on the list for so long...

Good luck in your life after footy Trav. I hope you get picked up somewhere else, but please Essendon, cut him loose.

Yeah but who’s he keeping out of the team in the pecking order???

Nobody because we are s**t right???

This has been more or less his output for some time. Staggering we persist with it really.
Heat map says he played forward, so Laverde (coming off a hamstring injury), Houlahan, J.Merrett. Could push Long (Fantasia) forward and bring in Mutch though, I suppose.

Heat map says he played forward, so Laverde (coming off a hamstring injury), Houlahan, J.Merrett. Could push Long (Fantasia) forward and bring in Mutch though, I suppose.
Long wasn’t great either but i’d rather see more and keep him in if Fantasia returns as expected.

He has missed a lot of football this year........i think there needs to be some patience shown to give him a chance to get some more game time at this level under his belt before putting him back to vfl.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back