Retired #34: Andrew Phillips - Retiring at the end of the 2023 season - 8/8

Remove this Banner Ad

Amazing the love for Phillips and 2mp considering how much you all bagged them earlier on.

Has an adductor strain from the intra-club, hoping to be ready for the start of the season

“Phillips had a minor adductor strain early in the game. He’ll now go into a rehab program and will look to build him up over the coming weeks for the start of the season,” Murphy said.

From the video:
"He's another one who is out of rehab now, back into full skills. If we had a game on the weekend he would have played in that. Played the full 60 minutes of match play that we had and a training session on top of that. So he'll be available to play this week. No issue with that adductor now."

Whilst he's probably 3rd in line at this particular moment its great to hear he's fit. Draper hasn't been the most durable and whilst I hope that's changing we still need Phillips and Bryan fit and ready to step up as required.

Plus honestly I liked Phillips efforts on the field. No he's not the best ruck out there but he's pretty solid. I don't think too many teams have significantly better 2nd or 3rd ruck options.

Oh and the most important point is of course seeing him and Francis together on the field is hilarious.

He’s been a great back up ruck option has Flip- the man has averaged 19 hitouts, 7.7 disposals and 0.4 goals a game over his 10 year career with 3 different clubs. That’s a very decent back up ruck to have on the list! I bumped into him and his partner at the local coffee shop the other day - he was nursing a new born or very young baby - it looked so small compared to him he’s got to be 200cm+ and looks very fit. I’m sure we will call on him at some stage in 2022..

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He doesn't make the media jizz in their pants.

Sam Draper does yet he's 1/1000th the player Sauce is.

More Sauce please.
Nah. Good game. But that's blatantly untrue

He’s the best backup ruckman in the comp, a real pro and more importantly seems pretty secure in the role.

Draper is still the man but Flipper gave him great support tonight, would like to see him clunk one or two in the forward line though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back