AFL Player #35: Matt Guelfi - What a guy! đź’… 100 games up v norf!

Remove this Banner Ad

We lack pressure/effort fwds.

Has bit more versatility than hind or hobbs. I'd play him as sub.

Can also see merit in making him earn his spot in the two fir a few more weeks

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would not bring him in for Davey. Whilst ADJ has been far from perfect, he brings a unique trait that we need for team balance.

I would consider bringing him in for Hobbs because (1) Guelfi is probably a better half forward and (2) we can send Hobbs back to VFL to play inside mid.

I don't think he should be in at all. He was only okay in his first game back in the VFL. His form doesn't warrant a spot for mine.
Of course you don't . He is over 21 . :p

he played one game against a bottom four side, laid one tackle and kicked two goals, is that 'good form'? davey has been better than that.

He also had 4 goal assists and has provided more scoreboard impact in a single game than Davey has across four. Guelfi has one tackle inside 50 for the year, which is 100% more than Davey.

He also had 4 goal assists and has provided more scoreboard impact in a single game than Davey has across four. Guelfi has one tackle inside 50 for the year, which is 100% more than Davey.
Guelfi has done bugger all and is the finished product of what he'll ever be. Hanging out back for cheapies has flattered his stats.

Davey will be a high half forward that works up and down and contributes much more on both sides of the equation.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back