Player Watch #37: Cooper Harvey - syndesmosis injury vs Nthrn Bullants in VFL - will miss six weeks

Remove this Banner Ad

Syndesmosis injury - likely 6-8 weeks out

Lynchy really is a glass half full kinda guy isn't he. Sounds great to me, oh what I'd give to just roll an ankle, I might go try doing one now on the stairs.
Good point.
Make sure never ever to take any form of medical advice again from Tom Lynch.

Wish l could find it.
Something along the lines of a wager it was an 8 week syndesmosis and not " a slight sprain "
You mean this one Hojuman?
My money's on the moon-boot and 8 week syndesmosis.
It was a reply to my comment in the Jaiydn Stephenson thread.
Cooper is so much better overhead, the number of times we kicked it to Sleevo he was out marked or spoiled. I hope Cooper’s need for a moon boot isn’t a long term injury.
When I read about Cooper's injury your comment was the first thing that came to mind.

"Cooper was removed from the game and placed in a moon boot as a conservative management approach," North Melbourne head of performance Kevin White told NMFC Media.

"Scans have since revealed a moderate syndesmosis and (Cooper) will have surgery on Tuesday."

Where do l collect Lefty ?

( and no, l'm not The Nostradamus )
Don't you Lefty me Hojuman can't you see what you've done? I've got a good mind to send you to your room and make you read through everyone of KIA34's predictions from 2023 and see which ones came to fruition.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I sincerely hope that Cooper makes it as an AFL player as I do with everyone of the boys and girls on our lists each year.

But right now we are in the midst of the old Intraclub games, where we get carried away and think so many of our players are looking a "million dollars", when all they are doing is playing against one another.

The proof is in the pudding, which is when the real stuff starts on March the 16th this year. Best not to get too excited right now.

I wish I wasn't bumping this post, but unfortunately, as we seem to do most years, we get excited by the Intraclub games, only to find everything starts to come crashing down, when the real stuff starts.

Unfortunately Intraclub games are never a great guide as to what will transpire in the season proper, because you are only playing against blokes who are similar in talent to yourself.

In my opinion though, we are where we are, because we have the youngest, least experienced list in the league, especially in our back six and until we get several games into the talented kids, we really can't expect too much for a while.

I suggest we all cool our expectations, try to ignore the mounting losses and instead focus on some of the small positives, that even this year we are seeing. Those small positives are in my eyes at least, Comben, Curtis, Dawson until injured, Harry continuing on with his wonderful form from last year and signing a long term contract extension, Wardlaw's ferocity at the ball, the steady improvement in Powell, Duursma's nice start, though now needing a rest, Xerri's work as the number 1 ruckman, the signs of the class that McKercher has, Lazzaro and Drury, looking more like AFL footballers, the better performance of the Reserves and of course each week getting closer to the return of Logue, who's loss last year to an ACL was a huge blow.

Yes, those are all just little things and doubtless most here will say, Horace, you've just confirmed that indeed you do operate with s*** for brains.

But remember this, depressing as it may seem now, things are never as .... (well I'll leave that bit out) seem, nor as bad they seem.

Go North.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back