Player Watch #37: Cooper Harvey - syndesmosis injury vs Nthrn Bullants in VFL - will miss six weeks

Remove this Banner Ad

Do any cooper watchers have thoughts on if he could cut is as a small pressure goal kicking forward? from that vid he looks like an inside mid with a great handball but not so good kick. It’s probably not what we really need.

Do any cooper watchers have thoughts on if he could cut is as a small pressure goal kicking forward? from that vid he looks like an inside mid with a great handball but not so good kick. It’s probably not what we really need.
Yeah I think he will thrive as a small high half forward
Dangerous around goal and can accumulate

Him and Paul Curtis will be a nice combo

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pity about the chronic injuries, poor attitude to training and rumoured anti Palestine free state tendencies. Perhaps a late rookie pick?

Just for the record - his kicking is actually quite good. I totally understand how watching the footage from his game on the weekend would lead you to believe he has a bit to improve there, but normally he's a very good kick, particularly over a short-medium distance.

Just for the record - his kicking is actually quite good. I totally understand how watching the footage from his game on the weekend would lead you to believe he has a bit to improve there, but normally he's a very good kick, particularly over a short-medium distance.
Conditions looked pretty wet on the ground too

Not surprised considering what I’ve heard about Boomer spending a lot of time with him working on kicking.

Sorry if I missed it, but what happens to Boomer next year? I'm assuming he can't continue to be our runner, but is there any specific rule about it
considering it's a volunteer position (i think? could be wrong) i don't see how there could be a conflict of interest, very different to the situations with McDonald or Archer. He's not in a position to give his son favourable treatment because he's the runner. You could argue that just being Brent Harvey, games record holder and hall of famer gives him that power but then you'd have to abolish the father-son rule altogether.

Sorry if I missed it, but what happens to Boomer next year? I'm assuming he can't continue to be our runner, but is there any specific rule about it

He’s one of the coaches and I very much doubt Clarko would want to cut him loose. He’s a great conduit between the players and coaches

Remove this Banner Ad

Back