Delisted #37: Dylan Clarke - End of the road, will not be offered a list spot in 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

What position did he even play?
He doesn’t have a position... He doesn’t need a position, he’s just that good.

Only natural that he’d take Townsend’s spot as a defensive flanker when they were both brought to the club to play as inside midfielders. Where else would he possibly play?

He runs his guts out and he’ll run through a brick wall if you ask him to, the rest will come if we give it time. You’d hope for an Ed Curnow career trajectory.

I wonder if the club see him as a Mitch Wallis from the Bulldogs type. He's an inside midfielder that's been reinvented as a defensive hard nosed forward type. Just as bad a kick too. Struggles to kick 35.

Stoppages are a pretty important part of forward line play nowadays so having a guy like Clarke up there isn't so bad. Also unlike Zaharakis I could actually imagine a scenario where he sticks to and defends a dangerous rebounding flanker. I couldn't imagine it with Zaka.

I wonder if the club see him as a Mitch Wallis from the Bulldogs type. He's an inside midfielder that's been reinvented as a defensive hard nosed forward type. Just as bad a kick too. Struggles to kick 35.

Stoppages are a pretty important part of forward line play nowadays so having a guy like Clarke up there isn't so bad. Also unlike Zaharakis I could actually imagine a scenario where he sticks to and defends a dangerous rebounding flanker. I couldn't imagine it with Zaka.

And it negates his poor kicking under pressure. He is not a bad mark either. Set shots good enough and he has the ability to work up the ground as a half forward.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

First game where he didn't look afraid to kick it. Positive sign that. Almost a 'career defining' period for him now.

So question for the gallery, if his papers were already stamped, would there have been any change in that over his past block of games? Or has he just been flatlining?

One thinks he probably needs to replace pidge in the guts to push his case further orelse it might still be curtains

So question for the gallery, if his papers were already stamped, would there have been any change in that over his past block of games? Or has he just been flatlining?

One thinks he probably needs to replace pidge in the guts to push his case further orelse it might still be curtains
He's contracted. Papers weren't stamped at all

I like him. Not the most talented footballer, but has a lot of heart. Seems a tough type too. Hopefully he gets a bit if a go in the middle if McGrath’s out for a couple

It was funny how Huddo said "Clarke given his chance..."

God he spouts some s**t..

Another Huddo comedy gold, "an ïn form Essendon" like sure, we lost admirably against Richmond beat a pathetic Hawforn but we have one win from 5 games. Come on Huddo, have to be better than that

I am over all the s**t that keeps getting spouted over this bloke. So what he is midfielder which is sort of rare for us but he was pick 63 and he can not kick under pressure. The real truth is we should never have picked him. Given our skill level he was a horrendous pick. Sure he played some good games running with a few blokes but it did not take long for sides to work out he is a liability under pressure. He is not the answer. Never was. Never will be.

I am over all the sh*t that keeps getting spouted over this bloke. So what he is midfielder which is sort of rare for us but he was pick 63 and he can not kick under pressure. The real truth is we should never have picked him. Given our skill level he was a horrendous pick. Sure he played some good games running with a few blokes but it did not take long for sides to work out he is a liability under pressure. He is not the answer. Never was. Never will be.
Could be worse, the club could have spent 2 first rounders and a 6 year contract on someone who can't kick OR handball under pressure. Oh wait....

Remove this Banner Ad

Back