Delisted #37: Dylan Clarke - End of the road, will not be offered a list spot in 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

afl . com intimating Clarke could get squeezed out for the star ins'

Woosh said it was a 'good question' when asked if Clarke would play, failing to guarantee his selection.

Question would be, does it send a mixed message if you get dropped after doing the job you were asked?
I don't think so. Doing the job you have been asked to do isn't always enough to keep your spot. Especially when 3 or 4 stars are fit and ready to re-enter. You pick the best available, and there isn't any charity.

The message should be clear... "you did an awesome job, and have proved you belong in the senior side. But we have serious quality returning. Go back and keep playing well, your chance will come again."

It's not such a big deal to drop Clarke and won't harm him. Loved what he did vs the blues and I'm ok if he stays in.. but I won't be ripping up my membership if he goes.

I'm not utterly convinced in the kid, particularly if the game plan we have developed for years doesn't involve taggers. But the reality is that when a kids form is that hot you would be mad not to run with it.
But i never understood why taggers went out of fashion so maybe Woosha should just square up and alter the game plan anyway.

Really good game again. O'Meara had absolutely no imapct with his touches all night. I thought his handballs were really slick as well and set up some good plays. Yes his kicking was bad but I still don't think it will stop him, we've seen plenty of blokes who get by mostly on their handballing. Hell Priddis won a brownlow like that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pegging him as just a tagger sells him short.

He’s your classic workhorse defensive minded midfielder. Runs just as hard back as he does forward, always shepherds and releases his runners, diligent in his positioning at stoppages while still being proactive and just flat out applies himself, doesn’t have mental lapses and let blokes get cheapies.

Fits perfectly alongside the rest of the midfield group we have at the moment

Remove this Banner Ad

Back