Player Watch #4: Aidan Corr

Remove this Banner Ad

Upon watching some of the replay, seemed like the idea was for Corr to play fairly loose and come 3rd man up as much as possible while Pink/Dawson put body on McKay/Curnow.

Got caught out of position regularly and completely ineffective at intercepting or bringing the ball ground.

That role is clearly not suited to him and would much rather see Comben/Dawson given a crack as that 3rd defender. If Corr plays, it has to be as a lockdown player IMO.

Had an absolute mare of a game. It’s easy to knock him but geez he provided so much material today he was making a mockery of himself. Keystone Cops material at times.

Says something when you of all people criticize someone TToes.

The other thing I really hate is the free kicks he gives away.

He must be the most undisciplined senior player in the comp.

And then always gets indignant about it as if how dare they pay a free against me.

No mate, you were undisciplined. Geez Louise you're 30 years old for goodness sake.

Watching the mini (no idea why?) there did just seem to be a lot of concern about Curnow and McKay as massive bodies and dangerous forwards. He, as well as Pink and Dawson, gave the game away by turning away from the footy and looking at their player instead of the ball. You are practically begging an umpire to pay a free kick against

Corr is a limited footballer. He’s possibly a decent 3rd key defender.
He’s just not capable of playing against big quality AFL forwards.

He isn’t capable on any AFL level forwards. Too slow/reactive for any player with a bit of speed, too weak against anyone over 90kg. Too stupid and selfish to play as a spare defender.

Offers nothing as an interceptor, offers nothing with ball in hand and for a 98kg mature/experienced player he is so weak when it comes to his body on body work.

Seeing him blasting Fisher, Pink ect when he makes more mistakes than most highlights how terrible our leadership is at the club.

The faster he is gone, the better off we’ll be.

Average disposal, average leadership, close your eyes and hope for the best type defending.... we're not achieving much with these senior types unfortunately.

It's a train wreck. He's not used to the fast pace of our style.

He isn’t capable on any AFL level forwards. Too slow/reactive for any player with a bit of speed, too weak against anyone over 90kg. Too stupid and selfish to play as a spare defender.

Offers nothing as an interceptor, offers nothing with ball in hand and for a 98kg mature/experienced player he is so weak when it comes to his body on body work.

Seeing him blasting Fisher, Pink ect when he makes more mistakes than most highlights how terrible our leadership is at the club.

The faster he is gone, the better off we’ll be.
Yep. But apparently he cost us “nothing”! :stern look

Says something when you of all people criticize someone TToes.

The other thing I really hate is the free kicks he gives away.

He must be the most undisciplined senior player in the comp.

And then always gets indignant about it as if how dare they pay a free against me.

No mate, you were undisciplined. Geez Louise you're 30 years old for goodness sake.
He gives away obvious ones in largely unthreatening situations in front of goal (2 on 1’s in our favour, opponent no chance of marking the ball etc) he has the lowest football IQ of any player I’ve ever seen play for the club.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Average disposal, average leadership, close your eyes and hope for the best type defending.... we're not achieving much with these senior types unfortunately.

It's a train wreck. He's not used to the fast pace of our style.
I remember seeing him in his first practice game when he came to north, against Hawthorn. Corr was poor, and things haven't improved much. Just goes to show you make a grand final in a good side and your own performance takes on more lustre than is warranted

I remember seeing him in his first practice game when he came to north, against Hawthorn. Corr was poor, and things haven't improved much. Just goes to show you make a grand final in a good side and your own performance takes on more lustre than is warranted

He knew the writing was on the wall at GWS. There is no way he’d be in the best 30 let alone 22 these days.

Corr is a limited footballer. He’s possibly a decent 3rd key defender.
He’s just not capable of playing against big quality AFL forwards.

This is the problem for him - we haven’t had the list to allow him to play in a position he is good at.

Poor bastard cops miss matches every week , played out of position etc.

Heard on the radio he is leading the reverse Coleman with 13 goals kicked on him
And would be responsible for a whole host of others with his diabolical positioning and decision making.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back