Player Watch #4 Dustin Martin

Remove this Banner Ad

Dusty will go ballistic this weekend. The game v pies is taylor made for a bigtime player like him.

Sent from my iPad using righteous Bhodi manpower

A lot of the stars have looked Rusty in the opening 2 games. Important thing is he found plenty of it. He'll be much better for the run.

Cotch and Graham got more of the ball than they notmally do on Thurs night.
Maybe he had a down game, maybe the coaching staff changed the dynamic of those three a little to be a bit to be unpredictable.
It was a weakness last year that everyone knew what we going to do every game for the whole season.

You know he’s a jet when he gets 30p and it was only a 6/10 game . Reckon oppo are better prepared for the don’t argue these days , was bought down a few times

Yeah I’ve noticed his dont argues aren’t as effective as they used to be. Oppo players have worked out how to tackle him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know it’s round 2 but what’s going on with him? His performances the last two weeks and look of disinterest along with that article about anxiety/depression has got me concerned.

Get him help, give him a week or two off if needed but something isn’t right.

Dusty has got complacent in my opinion because of "how good" he is sometimes he can get away with it but if you look earlier on in his career he did tackle and pressure on the ball carrier 2015 3.7 tackles, 2016 3.6 tackles, 2017 3.5 tackles were his best tackling years since 2017 premiership that dropped last year to 2.1 that's a massive difference when you factor in that Dusty is an offensive type of midfielder, no tackle so far in 2019, no one is expecting him to put up tackle numbers of a player like Rory Sloane but he needs be better than what he has been showing. look at his best games one that springs to mind is that Geelong final he had 7 tackles.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back