Player Watch #4 Dustin Martin

Remove this Banner Ad

Dusty wants to play until his 38 according to Ralph Carr which means he will play the rest of the decade

That means he could break the AFL games record. In 11 seasons played 244 games and can easily seeing him play another 200+ games before he retires.

He has played among the most games for his age group, in history, I think. Durable as.

Like others keep saying - you'd think he would be pretty handy in a forward pocket now or long term.

Lynch. Martin. Riewoldt looks really damaging too currently

Dusty wants to play until his 38 according to Ralph Carr which means he will play the rest of the decade

That means he could break the AFL games record. In 11 seasons played 244 games and can easily seeing him play another 200+ games before he retires.
Will end up with 13 flags and 13 norm smiths

The headline is a bit deceiving as it's also got the article about Dustin Martin's influence at half time in the grand final according to Jack Riewoldt. Some snippets below.

Jack Riewoldt reveals how Dustin Martin’s words inspired Richmond’s Grand Final comeback
He can do it all on the field, now Jack Riewoldt has revealed how Dustin Martin inspired his teammates in the rooms at halftime of last year’s epic Grand Final .

Jack Riewoldt says Dustin Martin’s emerging leadership will take him to an even greater level, revealing it was the midfield star’s halftime words that inspired Richmond’s comeback in the Grand Final.
Richmond was 21 points down nearing halftime at the Gabba until Martin’s late goal dragged the margin back to within striking distance.

Martin would go on to win his third Norm Smith Medal and with four more years on his contract, Riewoldt believes he can elevate to an even greater plane.

Riewoldt told “One Night in Brisbane”, a Fox Footy Grand Final feature to air on Thursday night, that Martin had another level of achievement left at 29 years of age.

“This bloke – he’s not known as a leader outside of the footy club, but he was the one who grabbed everyone and said, ‘We’re right in this, we’re right up to our eyeballs in this game’ and we could feel the momentum shift back our way.

“It’s so phenomenal what he does in big games and we’re bloody lucky to have him.

The three-time premiership forward said the sky was still the limit for Martin.

“I’m really proud of who he’s become – the growth in him as a person and a mate, I couldn’t be more proud of what he’s done and it’s reflective on who we’re going to see going forward as well.

“I think we’re going to see a much more mature player – the sky really is the limit.

“I know he values how important he is from a vice-captain, from a captain, from the coach on how much we lean on him – I think he’s starting to get a bit of a grasp on how important he is – not only as a player but as a cultural figure from Richmond.”

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One of the marks he took last night in what I think was in the 3rd left me shaking my head in amazement, I've got to watch the replay tonight because I still dont know how it ended up in his hands. The man is a freak, the best.

Last edited:
I don’t give a crap what the experts and ex players say he has gone past Wayne Carey

went past him at least a year ago

hes the best, maybe ever

its that simple

Remove this Banner Ad

Back