Player Watch #4 Dustin Martin

Remove this Banner Ad

Apparently 6 clubs are after Dusty. Assuming Essendon is one of them, who are the other 5?

Nah in all seriousness anyone know who the 6 are?
His form this year wouldn't exactly inspire me to chase him if I was another club.

Unless they believe he is injured and freshened up over the summer he can get back to 2023 form?

Personally I think he's just mentally done

Dustin is the best player of his generation. Best ever player at least at RFC. He has done so much for our club. Because he does not give the media what they want, they hate him. It is so sad watching how every week they try tear him down. What a miserable existence these people have wanting to destroy brilliance because it does not conform to you limited world view.
He has proven himself to be absolutely selfless and completely loyal. Taken way less money to stay, he plays injured and then gets criticised as soft, has total BS stories about chopsticks, retirement and leaving the club every year. It is so ugly. No other star like him gets this sort of treatment. Dangerfield gets none of this nonsense.
RFC should put up a video of Dusty highlights and a whole heap of fans saying how much we love him, that we wish him all the best and he owes us and the media nothing.
I love watching him play every weekend. I savour it cos I know we will never see someone so good ever again. And I could not care if he never utters another word in the media again. All us supporters feel like we know him and his journey way more than even Jack and he never stops doing media. What more is there say?

Hope he gives zero interviews for his 300th bar maybe something small for the Richmond website

The media couldn’t give a **** about celebrating his achievement of 300 games and will only want him because he will draw traffic

Would even prefer he does absolutely nothing over giving any of those ambulance chases 5 mins of his time

Dustin is the best player of his generation. Best ever player at least at RFC. He has done so much for our club. Because he does not give the media what they want, they hate him. It is so sad watching how every week they try tear him down. What a miserable existence these people have wanting to destroy brilliance because it does not conform to you limited world view.
He has proven himself to be absolutely selfless and completely loyal. Taken way less money to stay, he plays injured and then gets criticised as soft, has total BS stories about chopsticks, retirement and leaving the club every year. It is so ugly. No other star like him gets this sort of treatment. Dangerfield gets none of this nonsense.
RFC should put up a video of Dusty highlights and a whole heap of fans saying how much we love him, that we wish him all the best and he owes us and the media nothing.
I love watching him play every weekend. I savour it cos I know we will never see someone so good ever again. And I could not care if he never utters another word in the media again. All us supporters feel like we know him and his journey way more than even Jack and he never stops doing media. What more is there say?
agree with most of the post. Him & Capt. Cotch & Jack R lead the on field revival to flag glory. Three times.

but he's not even the best No. 4.

I had the good fortune to see Royce Hart and that era were as impressive. KB, Sheeds, Billy Barrott, Michael Green. etc etc

Hope he gives zero interviews for his 300th bar maybe something small for the Richmond website

The media couldn’t give a heck about celebrating his achievement of 300 games and will only want him because he will draw traffic

Would even prefer he does absolutely nothing over giving any of those ambulance chases 5 mins of his time
exactly
interviewer: DUSTY....Congratulations
Dusty:
1655453911104.gif

Bold statement!

Twain said once , nostalgia is a seductive liar…
I understand your recency bias. I had the good fortune of experiencing the Hafey era & the Dimma era. I rate flags so Hart, KB, St Francis, Dick Clay, Michael Green come ahead of the Dimma era.
For pure footballer, Billy Barrott.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There's a really simple solution mate - just ignore them. Reject the footy media completely - they are inflammatory, reactionary and willfully ignorant.

I haven't watched or listened to a single footy show for over 12 months (and very sparsely for the couple of years prior to that) and it's been totally liberating. I thought extricating myself from it would ruin my enjoyment of footy, but if anything its removed my frustration with much of it.

BigFooty and a couple of other websites are my footy fix nowadays.

There's a really simple solution mate - just ignore them. Reject the footy media completely - they are inflammatory, reactionary and willfully ignorant.

I haven't watched or listened to a single footy show for over 12 months (and very sparsely for the couple of years prior to that) and it's been totally liberating. I thought extricating myself from it would ruin my enjoyment of footy, but if anything its removed my frustration with much of it.

Ouic5B0.gif

Couldn’t agree more GOJJ.

I also felt the immediate benefits of pressing the mute button on the tv remote during games. Best thing ever.

We are watching greatness with Dusty. I cannot understand how Dangerfield gets 2 more years on his contract and it’s considered normal. No calls for his retirement. But Dusty who is the player of a generation they want him to retire despite him being younger.
I don’t even think most RFC fans appreciate how great he is.
As for all these other RFC legends. Look they are greats of course but only Dusty has 3 x norm smiths. Only Dusty won a flag in 2020 through his own boot. His own talent and unrelenting desire. No player has ever carried a team like that.
I don’t care much for stats. It’s about moments. Go look at the IPL auctions. They don’t go just on stats but on who can stand up when it absolutely has to be done. On that metric Dusty is peerless. It is what makes him our greatest player and the AFL GOAT of the AFL era. No one. Absolutely no one can match his Finals and GF record and the only reason we play is to win GFs. Too many people forget that.

We are watching greatness with Dusty. I cannot understand how Dangerfield gets 2 more years on his contract and it’s considered normal. No calls for his retirement. But Dusty who is the player of a generation they want him to retire despite him being younger.
As for all these other RFC legends. Look they are greats of course but only Dusty has 3 x norm smiths. Only Dusty won a flag in 2020 through his own boot. His own talent and unrelenting desire. No player has ever carried a team like that.
I don’t care much for stats. It’s about moments. Go look at the IPL auctions. They don’t go just on stats but on who can stand up when it absolutely has to be done. On that metric Dusty is peerless. It is what makes him our greatest player and the AFL GOAT of the AFL era. No one. Absolutely no one can match his Finals and GF record and the only reason we play is to win GFs. Too many people forget that.
You’d think that but the vast amount of salty people on the main board reckon GAJs junk B&Fs at Gold Coast against 18 year olds means more than those finals awards. It’s deranged.

You’d think that but the vast amount of salty people on the main board reckon GAJs junk B&Fs at Gold Coast against 18 year olds means more than those finals awards. It’s deranged.

At the end of the day you still have to go out there and do the job as in win these B & F's but let's be honest here, Ablett Jnr won those awards at Gold Coast - a new team, big fish in a very small pond.

Buddy once said "I'm just happy to get the four points'
after practically winning a PRELIMINARY FINAL off his own boot.
Buddy last year was clearly mentoring Logan McDonald, Joel Amartey and Hayden Maclean on-field passing on his wisdom to make those young guys better key forwards. And now look at the Swans. It's quite obvious Dusty is doing exactly the same to our young forwards. So if this is Dusty's last year that passing of his wisdom will prove invaluable for us in the long run.

Danger has always been about Danger. The bloke pretends to be humble but there's smugness about him that has always irrated me. Dusty on the other hand. He's a kind soft soul I reckon. You can tell it in his eyes when he occasionly mingles with our fans at family days. As for the media, simply scurge of the earth.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back