Player Watch #4 Dustin Martin

Remove this Banner Ad

Totally agree, but what would Dusty playing his last game at the Gold Coast shirt feel for us ? Gets to say goodbye to the Gold Coast supporters , it would leave a sour taste in my mouth
I'd be fqn fuming if he goes.

If there was any doubt about Dusty staying in the yellow and black beyond 2023, then it took a bit of a hit today. With 50,000+ Richmond fans sticking around for half an hour post-match to send off Jack and Trent, there'd be no doubt that Dusty would've been contemplating his own footy mortality, and legacy.

We all know he's a very private person and not one who volunteers for the spotlight beyond the 4X20 minutes of play each match. But the prospect of a similar looking send-off in a year or three, possibly even bigger given the admiration and respect we Tigers all have for him, would have to be very enticing for Dusty.

I'm not sure whether or not he'll stay at Tigerland until the day he retires, but today's celebration was a magnificent pitch by the club to keep Dusty.

Dusty just wants that 4th Normie and be the greatest ever. 🤣
Jersey Shore GIF by Jersey Shore Family Vacation

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That’s my whole $&*& point with dh saying he’s worth a r2 ,,,clueless ,,,,he’s a goat in AA form, that’s r1 currency every day of the week
At age 32 years 8 months, Geelong paid Pick 30 (mid round 2) for Shaun Higgins. An injury-plagued, washed-up outside player who, when he left the Bulldogs, they went onto to winning a flag less than two years later.

If a team truly thinks that they're in the window, like the Cats did in 2020, they'll happily stump up what many here would consider an overpayment. Especially if that club really needs a proven finals GOAT to complement their existing list.

I’ve tossed and turned about the prospect of cashing in on Dusty seeing as though we are going to need to find some currency to get back into the draft.

After today, it’s a flat no…. We need him to finish in our great jumper
We need to keep some experience around the club. If he was to go, which I doubt losing Jack, Trent and himself would be hard.

Media were trying to create a non story that he would leave us.
They have been doing this s**t for the last 2-3 years. I can't see him going. So close to 300 games for one club.

Dusty has had a very good season. If he had finished better earlier in the season and we had won more games, he would be a lock for All-Australian.
He may not be 2017 Dusty, but he is still a very good player capable of superstar moments.

I dearly hope he finishes his career in yellow and black. Richmond Immortal and AFL G.O.A.T.

Dusty has had a very good season. If he had finished better earlier in the season and we had won more games, he would be a lock for All-Australian.
He may not be 2017 Dusty, but he is still a very good player capable of superstar moments.

I dearly hope he finishes his career in yellow and black. Richmond Immortal and AFL G.O.A.T.
He still should be in AA squad he compares very well with likely mids

he was so good yesterday, you could see him building a few weeks back.
IN traffic he just extracted the ball out of nowhere, his (choices when) kicking were amazing.
Contested marking. just an all out performance from an Elite footballer.

It's just noise from the usual AFL suspects making s**t up. Was Dusty that close to Dimma anyway? He was close to chimp as was evident on Cotchins 300th and final game. Not saying he didn't get on with Dimma but was he close enough to follow him to GC?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back