Player Watch #4 Dustin Martin

Remove this Banner Ad

100% mate
It’s literally Duty’s choice anyway

People getting mad at Dimma?
Of course they are going to make a play for him

Shouldn’t they be getting mad at Dusty if anyone

And that’s even if it happens
Why would they make a play for Dusty though? it doesn't really make sense salary cap wise & even if we chip in $$ to get a good pick. why would they go through all the trouble for a player for 2-3 years when they had way more salary concessions had a peak GAJ & players like Lynch & May that didn't work? they would be making the same mistakes imo.

Last edited:

Why would they make a play for Dusty though? it doesn't really make sense salary cap wise & even if we chip in $$ to get a good pick. why would they go through all the trouble for a player for 2-3 years when they had way more salary concessions had a peak GAJ & players like Lynch & May that didn't work? they would making the same mistakes imo.

What mistakes are you talking about??

Dusty is better than GAJ anyway

Why would they make a play for Dusty though? it doesn't really make sense salary cap wise & even if we chip in $$ to get a good pick. why would they go through all the trouble for a player for 2-3 years when they had way more salary concessions had a peak GAJ & players like Lynch & May that didn't work? they would making the same mistakes imo.
Would purely be a marketing exercise I guess but agree I makes very little sense from a footy standpoint unless somehow they think they are contending within the next 3 years

Why would they make a play for Dusty though? it doesn't really make sense salary cap wise & even if we chip in $$ to get a good pick. why would they go through all the trouble for a player for 2-3 years when they had way more salary concessions had a peak GAJ & players like Lynch & May that didn't work? they would be making the same mistakes imo.
reckon this is exactly what Dimma was implying ....

Would purely be a marketing exercise I guess but agree I makes very little sense from a footy standpoint unless somehow they think they are contending within the next 3 years
Martin woudn't bring anything marketing wise to the Suns he doesn't do media. not sure how much he's name would carry with regards to the members for the Suns probably a lot less than what it does at Richmond.

Last edited:
Not.Going.Anywhere. We heard the same made up bullshit with him going to Sydney. Why would the bloke leave? No reason to. Still in the Top 5 best players in the comp. Why would you leave to play in front of 4 blokes and a dog
But but Dimma, that's the connection and only connection the media have. If Dimma was going to freo it would be Dusty to freo noise. It's just a yearly thing now with the Dusty to leave Richmond media obsession. It's just now yeah whatever.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dusty would just be there to win them big games. GAJ had to do everything, and they were on track until he got injured that year. If we are chipping in $, what are they risking? They are still getting 3 of the best kids in this years draft as well, so its not like everything will be on Dusty.

The problem is he's still our best player, lately the only times we look like scoring is when he has the ball. If we lose him, then Bolton gets injured or something next year, it will get ugly very quickly.

Each way bet from Dane:

Swan has invited his great mate, Richmond star Dustin Martin. The pair has previously visited Las Vegas together.

“He’s invited, depends if the new coach will give him two weeks off,’’ Swan said.

“He’s more of a chance if he’s coached by Dimma (Damien Hardwick) and he may well be.”

Dusty would just be there to win them big games. GAJ had to do everything, and they were on track until he got injured that year. If we are chipping in $, what are they risking? They are still getting 3 of the best kids in this years draft as well, so its not like everything will be on Dusty.

The problem is he's still our best player, lately the only times we look like scoring is when he has the ball. If we lose him, then Bolton gets injured or something next year, it will get ugly very quickly.
Big games Suns don't play in big games they've never been to finals ever in their history despite having lists well above other teams. If I was going to a team for finals... I would not be hedging my bets on the Suns.

He'll see out his contract and then head off to Gold Coast for a couple of years as a forward pocket. The deal will be done on a handshake this year. Will suit all parties.
That would be the most irresponsible list management ever.

I don't see how that scenario "suits all parties".

There are only 2 scenarios in play - if he is going to leave EVER, even next season, you trade him now and get value.

The only other scenario is he stays forever as a 1 club player.

He'll see out his contract and then head off to Gold Coast for a couple of years as a forward pocket. The deal will be done on a handshake this year. Will suit all parties.
Would get better value if we traded him. A future first and a player would seem fair as GC won't trade this year's 1st rounder because they need to cash in for points.

Another option I think is possible is trading Lynch back to Gold Coast.

People say well they already have King, but I think King is a bit like Buddy, he might be better off playing off a half forward.

They have their gun forward in this draft to but it will take a little while for him to emerge so Lynch might be able to fill the shorter term gap
And have bauer lead the fwd line ? Jesus Christ it's one of those days at BF

You lot have lost it lol bunch of emotional cry babies

1. Dustys not going
2. Nothing wrong with dimma leaving. Guy has given us 3 flags and couldn't bring us any further. Get over it

But but Dimma, that's the connection and only connection the media have. If Dimma was going to freo it would be Dusty to freo noise. It's just a yearly thing now with the Dusty to leave Richmond media obsession. It's just now yeah whatever.
Literally, they have said he will leave every year for the last 6 years. They won't stop until he retires.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back