Player Watch #4 Dustin Martin

Remove this Banner Ad

I suspect this might be the case but we can melt about that if/when it happens

For now let’s just enjoy watching a club legend do what he does best
Gave us 3 flags.
I think we'd be compensated enough.

I hope he stays for sure too . I’m only thinking maybe he wants a life style change away from the mrlb bubble of footy etc .
Reckon if ever there was a time too leave the Melb bubble would have been just after his dads passing.
Think he stays a one club man.

He’d be silly to not at least ask the question. Not sure how his contract is structured but if he’s still on a $1m next year not sure how the suns would fit him in. Could have been a discussion on him coming into free agency after next year. Or he might stay - he has all the cards.

Hate to see him play at another club but that’s life if he goes. Couldn’t have done more for the club.
Find it not surprising that people questioning Dimmas motives yet it was ok for Blair to talk to Lynch 2yrs prior to becoming a Tiger.

Blair wasn’t a former Suns employee

That is the difference

So what? Dimma owes us nothing. He has a new post that he wants to succeed at. Everyone is on the table. It would be negligent of his new role to not ask the question of those he has previous working relationships with.
Alls fair in love and war

Not so sure.
Depends on King.
If king leaves as an FA getting Dusty will affect their compo.
Richmond and Gold Coast would almost certainly work out a suitable trade for Dusty to curtail this issue for the Suns.

We’d be getting bugger all as FA compo anyway so an appropriate draft pick would I’m certain be negotiated.

Last edited:
King won’t leave until he is free agent if at all, he is managed by Conor sports who are big on getting to free agency. Dimma is also managed by them so not much motivation to move

You have to go back to Dusty at the 2009 draft to see our last good mid drafted at Punt Rd. That's 13 more drafts and the pick of the litter is B grade Ross and ?grade Sonsie who's lineball to even make it. Potentially Vlastuin could've been anything as a mid but timing denied him the opportunity to prove himself there. Looking at our draft history Dusty really has enhanced the reputation of so many. Hands down no Dusty we win zero flags and who knows how things would've turned out.

He really should get the greatest Christmas presents of all time from all who he enhanced. Emma Murray would be teaching free meditation sessions at some community centre instead of charging corporations 6 figures for a handful of online sessions. Peggy O'Neal would've gone back to obscurity instead of selecting Tassies board and in charge of Monash.

Benny would've moved on and been laughed at for predicting wrongly. Hardwick would be on $300k assistant coach at Freo. Cotchin would've stood down and been thought of as a cheap 1-2 merchant who failed in finals and kicked against the wind at Port. Carr would be managing someone who finished 12th on the voice and booking RSL's..... List is endless. This once in a generation talent carried everybody on his back. I hope he never retires or leaves Punt Rd and if ever a player gets to decide when it's time to pull the pin it's this bloke.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I hope he stays for sure too . I’m only thinking maybe he wants a life style change away from the mrlb bubble of footy etc .

if he went to qld he will be the only player in qld that they ever talk about and afl would whore him out in qld until he retires

sure he might get recognized a little less in public but otherwise nothing much would change

It’s a pisser watching him on FC with his try hard Patrick Bateman haircut.
full

Dusty isn't a problem. He has given us everything and made the 2017 to 2020 team immortals. He can play until next year, play on beyond next year, go elsewhere for free or retire and he remains an all time top 5 richmond player. Time for trading and drafting to pick up the slack for the club

Remove this Banner Ad

Back