Player Watch #4 Dustin Martin

Remove this Banner Ad

Not interested in Daicos, but would be happy with the other three.
But the free kicks Curnow gets would not be part of the trade, those frees would be staying at Carlton. I think we would need to offer up 6 of our 11 frees to get the deal done.

How anyone, particularly a Richmond supporter could be critical of the bloke is beyond me. That's on you, not on him. You don't hold a candle to him so you have to take a cheap shot ? He walks over the white line, you don't.

"But it's just my opinion".

Yeh, your opinion is rubbish. You should kiss the bloody ground the bloke walks on.
100%. Couldn't agree more. And the thing is even though his form over the last 4 weeks or so has dipped, there's plenty out there who are performing considerably worse than him.

It's probably the same f**kwits that heap shit on the young guys who've played only a handful of games. Pathetic.

100%. Couldn't agree more. And the thing is even though his form over the last 4 weeks or so has dipped, there's plenty out there who are performing considerably worse than him.

It's probably the same f**kwits that heap s**t on the young guys who've played only a handful of games. Pathetic.
dusty at 80% is still a boost out there. BUt I must say he looks not fit.

It's probably the same f**kwits that heap s**t on the young guys who've played only a handful of games. Pathetic.

Compare it to Porkins. 1 goal in 5-weeks and under no injury cloud. But Cats are winning so he gets a free pass. Martin shouldn’t be beyond criticism from the media and outside world, but given our parlous situation right now he should be beyond criticism from our tortured supporter base.

He didn’t go to GWS after touring their facility. He didn’t take a record contract to go to North, costing himself $2m. He got 242 coaches votes from 36 wins to close out each of our winning flag seasons in 2017/19/20.

And now because he’s playing sore and struggling as a near 33yo in a decimated team with no midfield or forwards to help him we are potting the bloke?

Leave that to the external muppets. Who cares if he has a few quiet games and isn’t playing to his usual standards? There’s no criticism of Porkins and he’s going way worse than Dusty over the last 5-weeks. Don’t get caught up in the media and haters firestorm.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

taranto, ross, hopper, lynch, graham, prestia, sonse, clark and broad = 9 regulars have played
bout 18 games between them = dusty not being able to be managed when he's obviously playing sore.........bolton, baker, nank and dan rioli playing sore too by their body language but keep putting their hands up. we wrote the season off once lynch went down. i've got no doubt hawks and eagles may win 5+ games and thats gunna put a smile on Yze face when we win our 4 or 5 wins and we get pick 2. those imbeciles at the AFL have made an honourable loss more valuable than 4 points. i'm torn..... but why not cash in

Compare it to Porkins. 1 goal in 5-weeks and under no injury cloud. But Cats are winning so he gets a free pass. Martin shouldn’t be beyond criticism from the media and outside world, but given our parlous situation right now he should be beyond criticism from our tortured supporter base.

He didn’t go to GWS after touring their facility. He didn’t take a record contract to go to North, costing himself $2m. He got 242 coaches votes from 36 wins to close out each of our winning flag seasons in 2017/19/20.

And now because he’s playing sore and struggling as a near 33yo in a decimated team with no midfield or forwards to help him we are potting the bloke?

Leave that to the external muppets. Who cares if he has a few quiet games and isn’t playing to his usual standards? There’s no criticism of Porkins and he’s going way worse than Dusty over the last 5-weeks. Don’t get caught up in the media and haters firestorm.

Don't forget Adelaide also threw the kitchen sink at him and he said NO as well. So he said NO to 3 clubs: Adelaide, North Melbourne and GWS.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

These clowns in the media are hilarious.

I don't read the garbage but saw this rather desperate for attention headline today:

1715684755292.png

So without reading the actual article, if I have this straight,

• Damien Barrett, who is not even good at his own profession, if you could even call what is left of football journalism a profession these days
  • and has as far as I know zero experience running football clubs
  • and has never so much as been employed by a football club department in any capacity
  • and has probably never played football beyond Auskick level, and he was 27 years of age at the time
  • and has absolutely no recognisable interest in the welfare of Richmond FC

• is dead set demanding that Brendan Gale.....

• who is a person of unimpeachable character
  • and is the CEO of the Richmond FC
  • and has officiated over an infamous turnaround in the club's fortunes both on and off the field
  • and is seen as the best if not equal to the best club CEO's amongst his 18 strong cohort
  • and is likely one of the best handful of administrators in my not inconsiderable lifetime
  • and played a lazy 250 odd AFL games, at Richmond FC no less
  • and is situated at a club with major and urgent uncontroversial projects on its plate
  • and is in a uniquely good position to be able to see what the cub requires given his 30 year association with the club in key on and off field roles
  • and he is contracted
  • and the club is miles off even finding a successor, let alone appointing one

• ....MUST be somehow removed from his position forthwith.

• so that the club can BEGIN its rebuild.

Well Wok Fry, if you hadn't ****ing noticed, the club already has new players, President, Chief Recruiting Officer, stats person, an almost whole new coaching panel including brand new Head Coach, new fitness staff...but the rebuild can only start when Gale departs. :tearsofjoy:

Thanks for your considered advice ****wit, but how about you stay in your Lois Lane as a gimp reporter and let the people who have some sort of a vague idea about how to run a footy club take care of the talking parts in this show.

Fmd.

Last edited:
Clearly playing sore to help the team out during injury crisis. He had a solid pre season but the calf muscles, when they go they take ages to get right. Plus every oppo that goes near him tries to bump or tackle him so I reckon he probably has a sore hip or corkie, he just can't move like he's used to doing, or he's playing very sore.

How anyone, particularly a Richmond supporter could be critical of the bloke is beyond me. That's on you, not on him. You don't hold a candle to him so you have to take a cheap shot ? He walks over the white line, you don't.

"But it's just my opinion".

Yeh, your opinion is rubbish. You should kiss the bloody ground the bloke walks on.

Give it a rest. I've been hearing negative rumours about D. Martin for 15 years. How many of them turned out true ? Here's an idea. Hold your opinion and wait to see what happens.

If you have a source name it. If you don't, stop spreading unfounded rumours that are rubbish and just stoke the fires that make this bloke almost a recluse. You're only doing it in an effort to make yourself look like a first-in hero. That's the truth.
Magnificent post YOT.

I've got a philosophy that there should only be a maximum of 12 people in the world whose opinion matters to you. The rest are just noise in the background. These 12 can be in chunks eg. mum/dad counts as one, siblings (at least some of them) as one, my kids as one, partner one (but you cannot count any ex's if you're counting the current one), best mate(s) etc.

The numpties here who relentlessly bag JGTI, Hopper, Grimsey, historically George or Bachar or BEllis or Richo, and are now starting on Dusty can GAGF back to Facebook where they can just make other people like them unhappy.

Let's not forget another legend (and i mean that totally sincerely) Nathan Fyfe, who is a shadow of the player we all once really admired. His decline has been sharper and earlier than Dustin's - nowadays either out injured, intermittently being used as a sub, and gave away 6 free kicks on Saturday night against the Swans.

I don't actually watch or listen to any footy media nowadays - is he copping it like Dusty too?

Magnificent post YOT.

I've got a philosophy that there should only be a maximum of 12 people in the world whose opinion matters to you. The rest are just noise in the background. These 12 can be in chunks eg. mum/dad counts as one, siblings (at least some of them) as one, my kids as one, partner one (but you cannot count any ex's if you're counting the current one), best mate(s) etc.

The numpties here who relentlessly bag JGTI, Hopper, Grimsey, historically George or Bachar or BEllis or Richo, and are now starting on Dusty can GAGF back to Facebook where they can just make other people like them unhappy.
Great post too....add grigg and astbury to that list and its over 20 premierships. i've given graham a lot of stick, but anyone whoever pulls on the yellow and black i am eternally greatfull

taranto, ross, hopper, lynch, graham, prestia, sonse, clark and broad = 9 regulars have played
bout 18 games between them = dusty not being able to be managed when he's obviously playing sore.........bolton, baker, nank and dan rioli playing sore too by their body language but keep putting their hands up. we wrote the season off once lynch went down. i've got no doubt hawks and eagles may win 5+ games and thats gunna put a smile on Yze face when we win our 4 or 5 wins and we get pick 2. those imbeciles at the AFL have made an honourable loss more valuable than 4 points. i'm torn..... but why not cash in
With respect, Sonsie and Clark have never been and aren’t regulars.
As for Ross, maybe now, was still
Being used as a sub or was the first dropped as recently as last year.

With respect, Sonsie and Clark have never been and aren’t regulars.
As for Ross, maybe now, was still
Being used as a sub or was the first dropped as recently as last year.
and it was clearly the wrong choice. Ross is a solid player.

Lol you peanut.

Say that to his face.
I was maybe a little harsh, but it's hard to not be accepting of poor performance without being disrespectful to a legend of the club.

I think the criticism of him in the media is over the top, but it's always going to be like that we know that cause of the name.
I do think he should be open to criticism from the supporter base who love & respect him.
We need more from not only Dusty but the rest of our senior players who are letting the young players down.

It's not just our injuries we have Premiership players on Game Day going through the motions giving poor effort.
I'm not asking or saying we have to win but we need to be more competitive than that. North haven't even put in a performance this year as bad as what we dished up against the Dogs.

I really hope Yze behind closed doors said that he was not happy with effort because that's exactly what I saw from a lot of our group a lack of effort.

Great post too....add grigg and astbury to that list and its over 20 premierships. i've given graham a lot of stick, but anyone whoever pulls on the yellow and black i am eternally greatfull
So you‘re allowed to give JGTI the stick, but be eternally grateful and other’s aren’t? You’re being a hypocrite as every poster or Tiger supporter is eternally grateful for someone throwing on a Tiger jumper. If players aren’t performing we should all be allowed to comment as they’re being paid big money to perform. How long would you last in your job if you constantly failed to show up like Kmac or Pickett?
FWIW I haven’t bagged Dusty and nobody really has on here. They are basically just stating his obvious decline and looking at possible reasons to why. If you think he should be playing on then you’re putting players before our great club. It’s obvious the champ is cooked for whatever reasons and we should limp him to 300games and I think he knows this himself it’s the obvious thing to do.

Last edited:
Just let the man play out his career and get over it.

He's won everything, done everything for the club. Media can **** off.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back