Past #4: Shaun Higgins - Higgo traded to Geelong for 2020 #30 - 2x Syds/108 NM gms/96 NM gls - thx Higgo

Remove this Banner Ad

I reckon we will see his best again. Players don't just 'lose it' like that. Something is up, could merely be a slump in touch.

I reckon that's all it is, just lacking a bit of form and touch.

Hope he hurries up and re-captures it, we're already over 1/3 of the way into the season.

He is reminding me of Boomer Harvey in his last season. By that I mean on paper his stats look as good as ever, but when you watch him play you can see how much he has dropped off. He has lost the hurt factor in his disposal, and his fumbling and turn overs are more frequent.

That new born must be giving higgo some sleepless nights!

I think this legit might be the case, many people mellow the hell out after having kids and Higgo is a hard worker, works now even more hours just being a dad.

Thursday last week when I met him he honestly looked a bit tired, he's got alot on his shoulders as a player, as a leader, as someone who goes out to do all the public stuff for North and now as a dad.

I'm probably wrong but that kind of weight can lead to some 'off' footy, which is clearly whats going on. He's nowhere near the game breaking calibre he was last year & the year before

I agree with the parenting thing taking something away from him, however why is it that his kicking has gone off the boil.

Skills don’t just disappear like that, the effort is still there but when he was kicking for goal on the 45 I knew 100% he was going to miss, he has completely lost his kicking boots. I guess that’s what happens when you play under Brad Scott long enough.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think this legit might be the case, many people mellow the hell out after having kids and Higgo is a hard worker, works now even more hours just being a dad.

Thursday last week when I met him he honestly looked a bit tired, he's got alot on his shoulders as a player, as a leader, as someone who goes out to do all the public stuff for North and now as a dad.

I'm probably wrong but that kind of weight can lead to some 'off' footy, which is clearly whats going on. He's nowhere near the game breaking calibre he was last year & the year before
This.

Being a new parent changes everything- especially sleeping patterns.

Nothing worse than trying to work when you’re constantly tired, let alone a precision game like his.
He hasn’t lost his skills his radar is clouded from lack of sleep.

Only the parents who’ve ‘been there, done that’ can truly understand how sluggish you get with a newborn child.

Once his sleeping patterns return he’ll come good.

His work rate is starting to take it's toll. We need to ease him in to his next role.

Half forward, or even half back.

This.

For a while this year he was the only productive dynamic player holding the side together in any form. Looked like he'd take it on himself to be THE man.

Seems like it's resulted in him producing a diluted overstretched brand of football rather than just "playing his part".

Can somewhat recall Boomer going through a similar stage when he was basically supported by a half-fit Daniel Wells + daylight.

This.

Being a new parent changes everything- especially sleeping patterns.

Nothing worse than trying to work when you’re constantly tired, let alone a precision game like his.
He hasn’t lost his skills his radar is clouded from lack of sleep.

Only the parents who’ve ‘been there, done that’ can truly understand how sluggish you get with a newborn child.

Once his sleeping patterns return he’ll come good.

Isn't the kid a year old?

Although some kids can be a bit full on for years.

65% of his possessions on the weekend were in the back half. He is working hard defensively

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Have a close watch of the games this season and you’ll see him streaming forward around the stoppages before we have even come close to winning the clearance. It essentially leaves us with a 3 vs 2 scenario when we lose the clearance (which has been happening often this year).

We are in a development stage now, there is really no reason why he has to be in there banging up his body unnecessarily. Especially when we could be pumping minutes into Ahern or LDU.
Plus...he does his best work forward of centre anyway.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back