Traded #42: Adam Saad - Traded to Carlton for pick 8 (with some junk picks)

Remove this Banner Ad

Proving you don't need to be Usain bolt to make a run-down tackle. Moderate pace plus maximum effort will get you there.

Must be loving being a hunter up forward and getting a few on top. Would beat the s**t out of getting torched in the goal square down the other end - no wonder he's putting in!

As a defender i can't help but think Woosha would be loving seeing him serve it up a bit as well. Whover made the call to switch him ultimately it would have been Wooshas to persist after an ordinary start and that's good man management.

This is the Saad thread mate...he is quicker than Usain.

giphy.gif

Early season I had a go because he just tried to take guys on no matter what.

Last few weeks he has got the balance right of running it or passing. And he is a solid defender on top.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How entertaining is this guy? It's getting to the point I don't get too frustrated when he or Conor get caught htb, given how often they open up the play taking such risks.

Yeah same, when Irish got caught yesterday I just thought oh well they were due for one. It only really pays off though if teammates are working hard & smart up the ground when they make these runs & thats still a wip.

When we got Saad I knew he was super quick and could evade players with ease. What I didn't know was that he was bloody good at shutting down players and is actually quite physically strong. Every time he gets into those one on one wrestles his opponent never seems to be able to take the mark. He's even been able to do that against genuine talls where he's got caught on a mismatch when he should have little chance.

When we got our 3 recruits he was the one I was most excited about as I was thinking about the combination of him and McKenna. In hindsight Smith has been incredible but damn Saad has been very reliable for us. He seems to be growing in confidence to take the game on each week. Probably helps that our midfield is actually winning more ball now so he has a bit more freedom.

Don’t bring blitz into this

Remove this Banner Ad

Back