Player Watch #5: Curtis Taylor - re-signed until the end of 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Keilor FC gonna love having him back in a couple of years

Nothings changed.
Find a point of difference or take the call from Mick and go collect the cheque with your mates at Keilor.

My issue with Taylor is that since hes gone back to the VFL he has not looked anywhere near it. At all.

Im adamant he is content with being contracted for 2024 and will sign on with Mick back at Keilor after that.
Hope to be proven wrong but the kid that was taking hangers in 2019 and had significant x-factor is a long distant memory.

Send him back to Mick. Please North

I mean his physique as a kid is not too different to today Ffs 🤦‍♂️

View attachment 1767002
Its happening!

Kieran Harper comes to mind, extremely talented but the body let him down.

Curtis is talented but is letting himself down.

Stinks of becoming a Big Brother contestant in a few years time.

Whilst it's probably true he hasn't ever worked hard enough, this is one of those kids that people will blame "development".

Truth is he never had what it takes. He's slow, doesn't kick it particularly well, plays a 195cm game in a 187cm frame and lacks any real weapons to build an AFL game. And still now, no one knows what he is positionally.

Not an AFL player and wasn't ever going to be.

Imo it does ultimately comes down to effort, but he certainly has tools. Natural tank, good leap, generally a smart user.

Complacent is the the word that will be linked to him in years to come I fear.

I know it's a running gag but try him in defense in the twos once he's fit again. Goater going down, Arch being injury prone, and LMac being LMac means a medium defender is a need. Persisting with him as a forward/winger is just stamping his papers.

It's why he slipped so far down the draft order - natural ability and X factor but no work ethic. All clubs passed on him multiple times.

We took a punt in the 40's - didn't work out and so we move on. No damage done here.

I wouldn't wait till end of year - pay him out and let him go and do the other things in life he cherishes more than footy. He is wasting everyones time - his and ours - being at the club.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Whilst it's probably true he hasn't ever worked hard enough, this is one of those kids that people will blame "development".

Truth is he never had what it takes. He's slow, doesn't kick it particularly well, plays a 195cm game in a 187cm frame and lacks any real weapons to build an AFL game. And still now, no one knows what he is positionally.

Thank you. Spot on.

Most overrated player on our list for several years.

I can't agree with him never being capable of being a proper AFL standard. Even Spudsy McSpudington can improve somewhere if he's on an AFL list for 5 years without much in the way of major injury. To me CT has just been one slightly up and down footballer that, when averaged out, has just maintained the same plateau the entire time. It's common for draftees to struggle to improve their deficiencies, but rare for them to fail to develop anything, which is what CT has seemingly done. For five ******* years. No doubt some of that lack of development is on us, but I can't help but think the majority is on him just being happy being on an AFL list (and the free entry and drink cards that come with it).

Well said but the effort & give a rats on his behalf was & is not there either. Seems like he’s given up & got reality check with the talent & competition in his limited role .

He’s worked hard to get his fitness up

Not many on the list work as hard both ways on the ground

It doesn’t always get rewarded but he does it

Kieran Harper comes to mind, extremely talented but the body let him down.

Curtis is talented but is letting himself down.

Stinks of becoming a Big Brother contestant in a few years time.
Ummn he's nothing like Harper. Harper's body let him down. Taylor's desire let him down. Harper had talent. Taylor had a hat.

Ummn he's nothing like Harper. Harper's body let him down. Taylor's desire let him down. Harper had talent. Taylor had a hat.
Exactly my point (although I probably could have expressed it better). Harper had supreme talent and the drive, but his body didn't cooperate. Whereas Taylor has the healthy body and some talent, but not the drive.

Harper came to mind because he (and all us supporters) would have given anything for his body not to fail him. Taylor will have regrets I feel in the years to come based on his current trajectory.

Last edited:
Imo it does ultimately comes down to effort, but he certainly has tools. Natural tank, good leap, generally a smart user.

Complacent is the the word that will be linked to him in years to come I fear.

I know it's a running gag but try him in defense in the twos once he's fit again. Goater going down, Arch being injury prone, and LMac being LMac means a medium defender is a need. Persisting with him as a forward/winger is just stamping his papers.
likely his only realistic lifeline, having said that this ship had likely sailed as well giving modern half backs are genrally sweepers like sheezel has been playing and colby as well,

Remove this Banner Ad

Back