Player Watch #5: Curtis Taylor - re-signed until the end of 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Most natural forward to come through in a while, I think he'll do everything Mason Wood was expected to become. He's already shown a fair bit to know he's got what it takes.

Now that is a fair comparison on the way he plays, attacks the footy without fear and is good overhead
im a fan of Curtis and the way he goes about it.

I am just analysing GR's upload of the practice match and Curtis's game created Kenny Hunter's image in my head.

Very lean, incredibly courageous and outstanding in the air on a size ratio.

Not sure if this has been mentioned, but how good was that mark back with the flight he took.

Happened right in front of me as they say.

Top shelf stuff

Bit odd nobody's had anything to say yet here. Copped a nasty whack and he's tough as nails, I didn't hear if he was concussed or not, if he misses the 12 days no matter what he'll be sorely missed I reckon. Weird kind of day for Curtis, bit of an unsung performance in terms of efforts and clean disposals he had, really did some crafty footwork and by handball, yet shanked a set shot as bad as you could lining up on the wing. Feel like he showed more presence as a forward compared to his young cohorts in Larkey & Zurhaar...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bit odd nobody's had anything to say yet here. Copped a nasty whack and he's tough as nails, I didn't hear if he was concussed or not, if he misses the 12 days no matter what he'll be sorely missed I reckon. Weird kind of day for Curtis, bit of an unsung performance in terms of efforts and clean disposals he had, really did some crafty footwork and by handball, yet shanked a set shot as bad as you could lining up on the wing. Feel like he showed more presence as a forward compared to his young cohorts in Larkey & Zurhaar...
He was concussed and Nobes said he will miss at least two games.

Totally agree- very very busy, smart player with lots of tricks. Kingy is a massive wrap that’s for certain.

Really disappointing injury this one - not many options with our current injuries and list so we will miss him dearly.

it was a serious hit at speed to the back of his head so I’m not surprised

I gave him one vote. Thought he worked really hard only to get dudded by our constant turnovers. Must be very frustrating playing forward.

Young forward, Curtis Taylor, is unlikely to add to his 12 game tally anytime soon after being knocked out on Sunday against Port Adelaide.

The AFL’s new concussion protocols, which state any player suffering from a concussion must miss at least the next twelve days, and North Melbourne’s tight schedule, make it near impossible for him to return before Round 4.

“With the concussion protocol … we’ve got two six-day breaks so that’s probably going to make it pretty tough for him to be back within any of those two rounds I would have thought,” Kangaroos’ coach David Noble said after the game.

Taylor was KO’d in the fourth quarter, just minutes after North activated its medical substitute for Aiden Corr. The key backman injured his toe and was at risk of doing further damage and was struggling to defend according to Noble.

“We were at risk, under that medical protocol, of causing more issue on that toe, so we made that call,” Noble clarified.

Under the AFL’s rules, clubs can sub out a player who is legitimately injured, as is the case with Corr.

“You’re able to now activate that (medical substitution) knowing that it is a potential to do more risk, and our doctors have been really clear - it has to be clear on a medical basis: it’s either concussion or it’s a potential to cause longer injury is my understanding so he’s probably doubtful for next week,” Noble stated.

One passage of play that GR posted - he had an easy option down the line, but opted to go inside and pulled off an absolute laser that resulted in a Walker goal. His foot skills are immaculate.
Not just foot skills, but great vision. He's done it quite a bit last season, especially early. Not too many blokes on our list could have pulled off that kick.

Jonas needs to go on a list for what he did.

Deliberately kneed him in the head, should have been done for attempted murder IMO.

On the contrary, North needs to get a lot nastier themselves.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back