Player Watch #5 Isaac Heeney

Remove this Banner Ad

capi_20204fe48fe689ed7f64257f118480f7_5448b88f13b55c5d56f99426e47adf40.jpeg

Isaac Heeney

Isaac Heeney is a crowd favourite and one of the best young players in the competition. The QBE Sydney Swans Academy graduate won the 2018 AFL Mark of the Year award, was selected in the AFL Players’ Association’s 22Under22 team in two of his eligible four years and played his 100th senior game in 2019. Heeney can be used in the midfield, forward line – where he booted four goals in star teammate Lance Franklin’s absence in Round 20 last year – or as a loose man in defence.

Isaac Heeney
DOB: 05 May 1996
DEBUT: 2015
DRAFT: #18, 2014 National Draft
RECRUITED FROM: Cardiff (NSW)

Am hearing he’s fully fit, no niggles and fired up this year and wants to make a massive impact. More leadership aspirations are great signs too.

As Heeney is our best player, we need him at his best to win a flag - good signs
What a difference being injury free makes for Isaac. As his number one fan on this board, I’m going to keep bumping this thread. 9/9 Brownlow votes - what a star ! Need to make sure he remains injury free so some rotations forward might be in order later in the season to take the inside mid grind away.

What a difference being injury free makes for Isaac. As his number one fan on this board, I’m going to keep bumping this thread. 9/9 Brownlow votes - what a star ! Need to make sure he remains injury free so some rotations forward might be in order later in the season to take the inside mid grind away.

Number one fan? But Heeney is only moderately fast at best!

Really noticed the difference today when he was on the ground vs off the ground. We looked a different team without him crashing around in the middle. Apart from a couple of dropped marks it was another top level performance.

He has been played out of position for the last 5 or 6 years. We could have seen this back in 2018 and onwards had Horse played him in the midfield.
Fully agree!

FFS, the kid (back then) came 3rd in the Gary Ayres finals best player award in 2016.

From memory, I’m pretty sure he played mostly in the mids in that finals series (as a 2nd year player FFS!!).

So I would even argue that Horse has robbed us (Heeney not playing in midfield) since 2016!! … and maybe, just maybe, even robbed Isaac of a Brownlow 🤷‍♂️🤯

He has been played out of position for the last 5 or 6 years. We could have seen this back in 2018 and onwards had Horse played him in the midfield.

Next you will claim he played Mills out of position

Hope horse and the coaching staff dont put him fwd because our current fwds were poor. It would've been a bigger margin if not for heeney quality midfield performance.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back