Player Watch #50: Ben Brown

Remove this Banner Ad

He had a pretty bad game, probably his worst since he came back in, but the team played better having him in it. He is a structural pillar.

He had a pretty bad game, probably his worst since he came back in, but the team played better having him in it. He is a structural pillar.
A bad game? Really?

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

Bad game? I gave him a vote. Dropped a mark but that's the only howler he had. Led up the flanks well. Presented well, competed in the air, had the most marks in the game. He was basically doing TMacs job because TMac has turned back into the spud he's been last few seasons. Brown isn't the sole reason why our offence has improved, but he is a reason. And a timely one too with TMac falling off a cliff. He's a very solid field kick as well. Playing his role and looks like he belongs and found his feet in the side which is great timing..

Bad game? I gave him a vote. Dropped a mark but that's the only howler he had.

He dropped one in the goalsquare and then dropped an absolute lollie on the lead. Then missed a crucial shot to kill the game from dead in front.
Don't think he was good or bad. Did his job. But when a T-rex has a better chance of scooping a ground ball you gotta take your chances.

It takes a tall defender to play on him, releasing somebody else.
He was given the job of minding Andrews and curbed his influence. He's getting up the ground more then ever compared to at North he was plonked at FF as that straight line lead up forward.

His field kicking has been the big surprise for me. Didn't realise he had it in him.

To be honest I am more worried about T-Macs' lack of contribution . Brown is like a Lamp pole when the ball hits the deck , but if we learn how to use him properly , he will kick goals for us . So much criticism of a team that finished top and won its first final with 9 blokes that were playing their first final.

He was given the job of minding Andrews and curbed his influence. He's getting up the ground more then ever compared to at North he was plonked at FF as that straight line lead up forward.

His field kicking has been the big surprise for me. Didn't realise he had it in him.

Couldn't agree more with this. Took the words right out of my mouth. He played the role an in-form TMac should.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Big Brenny Brown gonna kick a bag tonight
For some unknown reason, I feel the same. Can feel a 3 or 4 goal game from him working over Henderson.

Blicavs has looked poor this year, so hopefully he can play Macca back in form up the ground too.

For some unknown reason, I feel the same. Can feel a 3 or 4 goal game from him working over Henderson.

Blicavs has looked poor this year, so hopefully he can play Macca back in form up the ground too.

With a bit of luck he would have kicked a bag in the QF if he didnt fluff a few chances/few things fell his way.

He's moving well and will enjoy the space at Optus.

Also feeling 3-4 and 7-8 marks

Could also change it again.

Ben Brown - not a bad trade hey?

With a bit of luck he would have kicked a bag in the QF if he didnt fluff a few chances/few things fell his way.

He's moving well and will enjoy the space at Optus.

Also feeling 3-4 and 7-8 marks

Damn, 7 marks 2.2 with a poster and a snap on the left that just missed.

Close enough

Covered 6.3km tonight, in our top 5 for ground coverage. Clunked a few marks, accurate set shot and presented at contests.

We did alright getting him eh

Remove this Banner Ad

Back