Player Watch #6: George Wardlaw - two-time RS nominee ('23 &'24) - the Warlord - managed vs Hawthorn

Remove this Banner Ad

Visited the Roo Shop today. They've run out of George badges.
I might have to improvise for tomorrow…

GEORGE HARRISON - 1 inch / 25mm Button Badge - Novelty Cute Beatles | eBay

The balance when he's running at full tilt, even when he's bumped or shepherded off his line is unlike anything I've seen. He doesn't need to run wide to maintain his speed, just finds the next most direct line to ball/player and he's at top speed in 2 steps again. Also the way he moves from ground to standing is phenomenally quick, he just impacts situations he has no right to. Love watching him do his thing.
Combined with a 7th sense of knowing where the ball is all the time be is like a heat seeking missile contiually locking onto the player with the ball, keeps his feet so he is capable of laying multiple tackles.

I have said this before, but I don’t think I’ve seen a player play the game having so much fun. You can see it the way he almost has a smile on his face as he continuously hunts the man.
He really does have that manic attack on the player and the ball. In time hoping he, like the rest of our midfield , have the ball in hand and have to chase less.

Excellent goal from George Wardlaw​

Dean Bilton profile image

17m ago
By Dean Bilton
The round two Rising Star nominee chopped off an audacious inside kick and had the run in his legs to take to 35 out. He overcame a case of the speed wobbles to slot the goal home.
Incredibly promising player for North Melbourne.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Didn’t like him spending so long on the bench in the third and the AFL app saying he was injured. Relieved when he returned and immediately resumed doing George things. Gun.
Would like to see him and Colby at a centre bounce. That would be exciting

Didn’t like him spending so long on the bench in the third and the AFL app saying he was injured. Relieved when he returned and immediately resumed doing George things. Gun.
Would like to see him and Colby at a centre bounce. That would be exciting
Had his ankle retaped twice by the look of it. Once on the bench, did a bit on the bike then went down to the rooms

Well played again GW. You are building very nicely in a very average team. Just need to surround your with more people who have your attitude.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back