Player Watch #6 Logan McDonald

Remove this Banner Ad

Agreed, he's got a good set of hands. It's about getting his body big enough to get those hands in a better position to mark against heavier opponents.
I also think Amartey, McLean and Logan need to spend more time developing the dark arts.

Right now we often have multiple players going for the same ball. That’s not going to work against good defenders.

We’re lucky those two have kicked on this season. Waterman, too.

But I’m still nervous.

Both Logan's manager and Logan himself have said he wants to stay

Freo won't go hard now with the Treacy emergence

WCE won't be trading their picks, need to rebuild and are actually alright for forwards

Feel there is no need to be nervous here

Both Logan's manager and Logan himself have said he wants to stay

Freo won't go hard now with the Treacy emergence

WCE won't be trading their picks, need to rebuild and are actually alright for forwards

Feel there is no need to be nervous here
I agree, fans should not be nervous at all.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thought last night was one of, if not his best performance of 2024.

Got that early goal, had an assist for another 2 and took a couple of nice contested marks on some good defenders.
and seems to be getting into more contested marking situations ... he'll start taking more of them too, soon ... he's just missed a few in recent weeks ...
and yes, his team connection is a big part of his game
i'm certain mcdonald is a coming star

I think it would be a wise decision for Logan to re-sign with Sydney.

Sydney is right in the window. If he extends 2-4 years he has a strong chance at being a premiership full forward, and can then choose where to play and write his own cheque after that.

If he switches now, it would still be for a big contract and it would come with a mountain of pressure, but it would all be based on future potential. He would have no body of work to fall on if it takes him some time to settle with his new team. Fans could lose patience quickly, his confidence might drop, and then things could turn really sour. The only upside may be getting paid slightly more than he would at Sydney.

Mate i'll say it again he will sign , probably trying to balance the Hayward one as well .
Also nothing wrong with concreting .
Don’t know why we are getting so worked Up about a player who at this stage at best looks like being a solid AFL forward if he continues improve. He will either sign or he won’t. The Dogs should have had the same attitude with JUH as they are similar to date with neither shouting future superstar. What we should be hoping opposed to him signing is that he continues to build this year game by game in 2024 with an improving impact to our very good opportunity of being the Premier team this year.

Mate i'll say it again he will sign , probably trying to balance the Hayward one as well .
Also nothing wrong with concreting .
Nothing wrong with concreting???? How you travelling after brick laying for so long ? Check in with Punts in 10 yrs see how he’s travelling! My advice would be go to Italy Punts on a recruiting mission. Why do it when you can get others to do it ! 😜

Remove this Banner Ad

Back