VFL Past #62: Daniel Coghlan - 2016 VFL Captain

Remove this Banner Ad

Will leave if he isn't drafted.
Not having a go here at all, but you sort of said the same last year.

Anyway, he should be drafted- bloke is a bloody good player. Baffling to me why he isn't on AFL list already.

I'd hope we're looking at giving him a rookie spot at the very least.

Anyway, he should be drafted- bloke is a bloody good player. Baffling to me why he isn't on AFL list already.

They were just saying this on radio.

Not having a go here at all, but you sort of said the same last year.

I'd hope we're looking at giving him a rookie spot at the very least.

Better than at least 2 starting 22 mids (Melksham and Howlett). Better than J. Merrett who plays a lot of footy for us. Better than O'Brien.

It's not a close thing for any of them.

His boot. Awesome kick of the footy. His clearance kick out off half back is a ripper.
Can read the play well and is smart with the pill.
Watching the game on the weekend every time he got it he did something positive with it.

Must draft.

Disgrace he wasn't rookied. No idea what he has to do. Leigh Adams will have already rang him to get him across.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Disgrace he wasn't rookied. No idea what he has to do. Leigh Adams will have already rang him to get him across.
Has re-signed.

Means nothing.
I like how you said he'd return last year if he didn't get drafted and were wrong. I'll believe it when I see it.

If he thought he'd been treated that horribly why would have re-signed with the VFL side then?

Stop talking out of your backside.

Promised things that havent been followed through.

In retrospect we should have just delisted Kommer and taken Coughlan, but there are hard luck stories every year, he's definitely not the best prospect to go undrafted

His last two season's have been everything that was asked of him.

Who's arguing he isn't stiff?

I'd love it if we'd rookied him.

There are hard luck stories every year. You've got a track record of saying he'll leave when he hasn't ended up doing so; why should people take you seriously?

His last two season's have been everything that was asked of him.

I don't doubt that, but at 24 without a real standout attribute it's a huge uphill battle for him.

If he was that draftable someone else would have picked him up

Remove this Banner Ad

Back