Player Watch #8: Jake Lever – Signed until 2028

Remove this Banner Ad

Siddle was our best bowler in the first innings. Kept it tight and attacked the stumps.

Agree with most of the rest. I'm sure Australia will be just as culpable this summer with the Indians touring, producing lifeless decks to maximise the TV days. Not to mention the pitches produced will likely be to the detriment of our team as well.

Siddle has always been a good bowler though, but he's in his 30s in a rag tag team playing in front of less than 100 people. Surely you give a young fella a look in at international batsmen on unfriendly wickets.

I can't sit through test cricket anymore, it seems to be more about batsmens mistakes than good bowling. Plus id like to know the stats on Australia's last 50 matches how many have been decides by less than 3 wickets or 50 runs. Most seem to be over by the first innings

Siddle has always been a good bowler though, but he's in his 30s in a rag tag team playing in front of less than 100 people. Surely you give a young fella a look in at international batsmen on unfriendly wickets.

I can't sit through test cricket anymore, it seems to be more about batsmens mistakes than good bowling. Plus id like to know the stats on Australia's last 50 matches how many have been decides by less than 3 wickets or 50 runs. Most seem to be over by the first innings
I see your point but my thought has always been for the Australian Test team you pick your best XI every time, regardless of who or where you're playing. There are other places and formats to have a look at / develop younger players.

I see your point but my thought has always been for the Australian Test team you pick your best XI every time, regardless of who or where you're playing. There are other places and formats to have a look at / develop younger players.

The Australian team is a joke,
Siddle at 33 is the only bowler who looked half decent, 2 spinners were smashed like part timers
Mitchell starc has been the same ******* test bowler since he started 5 years ago, still has days where he is completely useless when he should be in his prime.
An opening combination of a no3 and a t20 slogger.

2 marsh boys who barely average 50 combined at FC level with the bat and a WK who was picked because he's nice and honest not because he's the best pure keeper or batter keeper in Australia.

In all my time watching cricket that's the most boring uninspiring team I've ever seen Australia pick. I imagine during world series cricket we could name a team to beat that.

Didn't think I'd see cricket stuff in here but anayway, CH7 will struggle with it this year. Them getting the rights plus fox getting a bigger share whilst the Aussie cricket team is looking the shittest it has been in living memory. There will be no tolerance on 7s shitty montages or rubbish commentary.

The Australian team is garbage, and a lot of that is due to cultural mismanagement. From the top down, they never bothered to keep the campaigners running the show in check. Hearing Ian Chappell get stuck into Matt Renshaw on debut for "not scoring fast enough" when Australia needed about 50 runs to win with two days left to play summed it up for me. Steve Waugh being the doyen of all things fair and good, despite being the captain who turned the team from larrikin blokes into a bunch of campaigners, is another head scratcher.

They're reluctant to release the results of their own review into the ball tampering scandal, and the new CEO to turn the culture around has been the CFO at CA for years.

Absolute car crash of an orgainisation.

Didn't think I'd see cricket stuff in here but anayway, CH7 will struggle with it this year. Them getting the rights plus fox getting a bigger share whilst the Aussie cricket team is looking the shittest it has been in living memory. There will be no tolerance on 7s shitty montages or rubbish commentary.
To be fair, asides from one commentator 9's commentary was truly awful. Punter already a good get from 10

Samesies!!
571420_8e8d23f041ab27ea13977abe3ce9b50e.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Australian team is garbage, and a lot of that is due to cultural mismanagement. From the top down, they never bothered to keep the campaigners running the show in check. Hearing Ian Chappell get stuck into Matt Renshaw on debut for "not scoring fast enough" when Australia needed about 50 runs to win with two days left to play summed it up for me. Steve Waugh being the doyen of all things fair and good, despite being the captain who turned the team from larrikin blokes into a bunch of campaigners, is another head scratcher.

They're reluctant to release the results of their own review into the ball tampering scandal, and the new CEO to turn the culture around has been the CFO at CA for years.

Absolute car crash of an orgainisation.

Culture isn't really the problem, it's that less and less people play, and even less play at a decent level. Not a lot of people have the time or inclination to spend most of their Saturday standing in a paddock in the sun. People are simply choosing to do other things.

Culture isn't really the problem, it's that less and less people play, and even less play at a decent level. Not a lot of people have the time or inclination to spend most of their Saturday standing in a paddock in the sun. People are simply choosing to do other things.
Good thing the planet isn’t getting hotter

Yeah culture always follows success. Fact is our cricketers are just s**t.

Matthew Hayden was a 6'4 opener who could walk towards the world's fastest bowlers and play a front foot pull shot.

Ricky Ponting had incredible foot movement and would punish anything slightly off length

Mike Hussey was a beautiful driver

Could keep going on.

Now we have Smith and Warner and a whole country of blokes who can't even average 45 at domestic level.

Enough talent comes through, but the Shield season is made to play early and late to sandwich the Big Bash. The technique of long form cricket is being lost thanks to T20, and the impact is being felt everywhere.

You never know, Tyson Goldsack recovered pretty quickly but yeah I wouldn't expect Lever back before say Round 8 at the earliest

Goldsack went all in to try and get another contract, I'd prefer Lever to be conservative as possible with his recovery considering we should get 200 games from him if he doesn't get seriously injured again.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back