Retired #9: Brendon Goddard - Retires a winner - Thanks for everything BJ

Remove this Banner Ad

Wonder which of the Saints players will give BJ a bit of lip or niggle or try start something.. cant think of any Saints players besides Milne who is a bit of an instigator. Maybe Gilbert?

Either way Im absolutely looking forward to the game! Should be a cracker!
I trust BJ to be professional and not give the MRP anything to look at..

Wonder which of the Saints players will give BJ a bit of lip or niggle or try start something.. cant think of any Saints players besides Milne who is a bit of an instigator. Maybe Gilbert?

Either way Im absolutely looking forward to the game! Should be a cracker!
I trust BJ to be professional and not give the MRP anything to look at..

It'll be some mediocre shitkicker like Maister or Milera.

First one that Hird went to at 3QT as well. Not that it means anything, but he must love having another conduit on the field that he can trust implicitly.

I'm must admit though, I was afraid he'd go a bit berserk with Crowley at one point, but he held his temper admirably.
Couldn't see the MVP thread. I thought Goddard was BOG. So cool with the ball, I already look immediately to the options he has when he gets the ball, knowing he'll deliver. Heard Ross Lyon had criticised his time at St Kilda, saying BJ was never a good listener. Wins like that will only strengthen his ties. He'll enjoy playing against the Saints.

This best not be patented...

i do have another version, but there's less hugging and the face is Caro....and there's a golf club involved.

Couldn't see the MVP thread. I thought Goddard was BOG. So cool with the ball, I already look immediately to the options he has when he gets the ball, knowing he'll deliver. Heard Ross Lyon had criticised his time at St Kilda, saying BJ was never a good listener. Wins like that will only strengthen his ties. He'll enjoy playing against the Saints.

Got 5 votes in the Coaches award.

Ross Lyon was being sarcastic !

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was never a fan of his while he was at St. Kilda, but the passion and leadership he's displayed since coming to Essendon has been unbelievable. Happy I got on the bandwagon and got no.9 on my back ... haha.

That hitout to Zaka... glorious.

I absolutely loved that. I bet Bellchambers was like "Hey, you don't need to make rucking look so easy, its an art damn it!"

It was a terrific bit of play and to be honest with all our tall midfielders it is a ploy we could use more often if we wanted although perhaps when we have both Ryder/Bellchambers its not really needed as they are both good tap ruckman in their own right.

I think BJ is starting to really build into his role and the club/team... clearly not back to his best but better than he's played for 18months I think.

Also, as said before, he doesn't need to play the 'star' role.. just our 'mr fix it' touch of class role!!

Looked like BJ enjoyed the big stage and big day.. bring on the blockbusters!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back