Prediction 90+ possession...how many metres gained?

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 16, 2011
AFL Club
Adelaide
Pretty simple game really, our stacked midfield is on a mission, Crouch Keays and Laird, they find the ball and then rarely punish the opposition because of their dinky handballs back and forth that looks like a modern day three stooges show.

Question is, how many metres gained between the big three?

Prize on offer because why not so...

Get it right, on the noggin, I will gift you a Premium Platinum membership to Bigguss Footyus for 12 months.

Not interested in a membership, then I will gift you the ability to ban someone for a day. Pretty sure it can't be a mod ( though if they had their thinking hats on...it'd mean you wouldn't have to clean up threads for a day) and really, probably couldn't be Chief but you know, if he wants to PM me an offer to be banned for the day, like a charity donation...I'm all ears...like Patty Parnell.

What if 2 people have the exact same metres gained? First one wins and the second will always have the honour of being the first loser. Drugs Are Bad Mackay? brucetiki CrowinNT relapse Scorpus can someone lock the thread somewhere before the bounce please?

Have at it and may the most cynical fan win

Pretty simple game really, our stacked midfield is on a mission, Crouch Keays and Laird, they find the ball and then rarely punish the opposition because of their dinky handballs back and forth that looks like a modern day three stooges show.

Question is, how many metres gained between the big three?

Prize on offer because why not so...

Get it right, on the noggin, I will gift you a Premium Platinum membership to Bigguss Footyus for 12 months.

Not interested in a membership, then I will gift you the ability to ban someone for a day. Pretty sure it can't be a mod ( though if they had their thinking hats on...it'd mean you wouldn't have to clean up threads for a day) and really, probably couldn't be Chief but you know, if he wants to PM me an offer to be banned for the day, like a charity donation...I'm all ears...like Patty Parnell.

What if 2 people have the exact same metres gained? First one wins and the second will always have the honour of being the first loser. Drugs Are Bad Mackay? brucetiki CrowinNT relapse Scorpus can someone lock the thread somewhere before the bounce please?

Have at it and may the most cynical fan win

We should be looking at Assisted Metre Gained for Inside Mids.

That a better tat to judge the value of all 3 players.

"assisted metres gained is how many metres the player you directly get the ball to gains with their resultant possession"

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Feel like there is a trend lately of people starting threads that could easily be single posts.... Or even you know, passing thoughts

As far as i am aware it is only forward metres counted...
Is definitely net

Sources:
* Glossary – AFL – Champion Data
Metres Gained: Net metres gained with the ball by a player, by running, kicking or handballing, combining measures towards attacking goal and away from defensive goal.
* Metres gained: Breaking down the AFL's most misunderstood statistic
It also works the same way if you're going backwards. A 30 metre kick towards your defensive end will reduce your metres gained.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back