A-League Grand Final: Brisbane Roar v Perth Glory

Remove this Banner Ad

No respect for Berisha. Whether he dived or not he should not have celebrated the penalty surely he knew he wasn't touched.

The game didn't deserve to end that way. Absolutely pathetic.

what ****ing bullshit. this is why no one respects this sport in this country. berisha you ****ing cheat. brisbane enjoy the trophy that you cheated to get.

I periodically try to give this sport a chance and s**t like that just reminds me why I find it so unsatisfying.

That's just s**t.

This, I turned it over to watch the last few mins of the game and that was the first thing I saw. :eek:

Berisha is an absolute knob, celebrating a penalty like he had already kicked it, if only he missed then what would his celebration mean?

Funny to hear the entire crowd boo when Ben Buckley's name was announced. And then the referee gets a massive cheer. Brisbane fans know they got lucky.

Decided to sit down and watch the whole final since I've taken a bit of an interest in how the Glory have travelled this year.

The penalty was a joke. Not sure I've ever seen a worse decision in any code. Equally bad yes, but worse, absolutely not.

The real joke though, was the guy celebrating winning a 'penalty' before he'd even kicked it. How can anyone take the a-league seriously with s**t like that happening?

What a farce.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What a disgrace. Filthy low life divers are a blight on all sports.

Hahaha suck s**t, now we can stop hearing the a league rubbish

A-League is a joke, but no one should be surprised. Almost every week there are terrible decisions. In a sport often decided by a single goal, players will do whatever they can to gain an advantage and referees can't be relied upon to make correct decisions. Soccer is a poorly officiated sport the world over, especially here. How many incorrect off side calls and bullshit penalties are needed before FIFA gets serious?

I've followed Liverpool since the late 70s, have lived in England and seen many games there, been to a few A-League games, but in my opinion the sport is a joke. That won't stop me taking 3 weeks off work to watch the Euro 2012 but not for one second do I believe that the 'world game', the 'beautiful game' is the best sport in the world. The sport needs to be improved, yet it will never happen. There are far too many changes and improvements that need to be made.

Now Berisha was a complete knob when the penalty was awarded but you can't call him a diving cheat - he lost balance and fell over. All hate should be directed at the referee and his linesman who made the horrific decision.

Now Berisha was a complete knob when the penalty was awarded but you can't call him a diving cheat - he lost balance and fell over. All hate should be directed at the referee and his linesman who made the horrific decision.

From what I saw he lost balance, but milked it for all it was worth by throwing himself forward. His sole intent was to win a penalty, but you're right, it's ridiculous that a referee officiating the grand final could fall for it.

Ahhhh soccer.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back