Abortion

Remove this Banner Ad

In Victoria at least, you can have an "abortion" at any stage of the pregnancy, it's pretty horrible if you ask me.

Let's get real, + 8 months we're killing/murdering babies.

I was initialy brought up in the adelaide hills, before the british invasion and genocide that included pushing kids and moms off cliffs and posion and that, the civilisation then had certain laws.

If a mother who had a child that was not yet able to walk independantly and had another baby, they'd kill that new baby. If a woman had twins, sometimes they would kill both so not have to deal with the what if you killed the weaker one...

They did this to be more sustainable as a group in the enviorement they lived in, sometimes the groups would have to move quickly and a considerable distance because of factors like no water, no food or the weather. Every hand was needed to accomplish this. Once you started havin to comprimise your group because some couldn't pull their weight (like a mother who can't travel holding two babies) there's no turning back on your "mercy", you've giving in, broke a boundary and you've made it emotionaly harder for when you got to be cruel to be kind next time.

Cultural/common law at his most effiecent self.

So what i'm getting at is, we have some feeble people making and influencing decisions....and we have those feeble people being manipulated by other with an agenda..and an agenda derived from a bully/domination mentality....

I wonder how many of these feeble ones against abortion whinge about the end result without realising what created what they are whinging about...a lot of strict catholics are right wingers/and thus hypocrites/delusional.

On the twins that died ( whilst I'm just chiming in on this one situation because it's absolutely tragic) I heard on the radio that " there will be no coroners report because the babies never drew a breath"

So, effectively saying that theyre.......... What, never alive?

So, the lines at drawing a breath now before it's considered human?

People should have a right to have or not have a baby its as simple as that. People would say its killing and all, but if these people are so concerned, ask them to take the baby and take a good care of them. If the law makes it illegal to abort, then imagine the plight of a girl or lady who was raped and can't abort the unwanted baby.
I think you'll find thousands of loving couples who could take good care of a baby via adoption!

It's disturbing that abortion is perceived as an unbendable right by some of its advocates. It should be treated as an imperfect solution to an imperfect problem, not a magic panacea which all women should have ready and unlimited access to.

I think you'll find thousands of loving couples who could take good care of a baby via adoption!

It's disturbing that abortion is perceived as an unbendable right by some of its advocates. It should be treated as an imperfect solution to an imperfect problem, not a magic panacea which all women should have ready and unlimited access to.

Not too many are going to willingly take on a baby who will be totally dependent on other humans for it's entire existence let alone one which will need a ventilator every second of it's life.

Sure there would be thousands of people willing to adopt perfectly healthy babies. What legislation do we have which encourages this though and do Church Groups feel a right to get their moralizing noses in the road?

Not too many are going to willingly take on a baby who will be totally dependent on other humans for it's entire existence let alone one which will need a ventilator every second of it's life.

Sure there would be thousands of people willing to adopt perfectly healthy babies. What legislation do we have which encourages this though and do Church Groups feel a right to get their moralizing noses in the road?

Sorry, I must have misread the post I quoted. I meant babies without problems. Aborting a healthy baby is a terrible shame and adoption should be encouraged in its place. It saddens me that ideologues blindly encourage abortion as though it's a matter of course when there are more ideal options.

On the twins that died ( whilst I'm just chiming in on this one situation because it's absolutely tragic) I heard on the radio that " there will be no coroners report because the babies never drew a breath"

So, effectively saying that theyre.......... What, never alive?

So, the lines at drawing a breath now before it's considered human?

They're trying hard NOT to set a legal/judicial precedent here, I think.

Sorry, I must have misread the post I quoted. I meant babies without problems. Aborting a healthy baby is a terrible shame and adoption should be encouraged in its place. It saddens me that ideologues blindly encourage abortion as though it's a matter of course when there are more ideal options.

I agree in regard to otherwise healthy, viable babies.
Ideally there would be a couple ready to accept every unwanted pregnancy, but so many issues make this impossible.
In the cold light of reality, the decision should be that of the individual as only they know their situation.

I don't doubt that abortion is treated flippantly by many though.

Against it. Cannot stand many of the false dilemma arguments from its advocates either like insisting that folks should adopt all these unwanted children. Its indicative of a sick mind that views the vulnerable as nothing but trash that should be disposed of. How any society treats its most vulnerable members is a pretty good indication of where that society is and where its going. Bumping off children, shoving old folks into homes where they are no longer seen or heard, and offering people euthanasia pills is a sign of a sick society with a dark future.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Against it. Cannot stand many of the false dilemma arguments from its advocates either like insisting that folks should adopt all these unwanted children. Its indicative of a sick mind that views the vulnerable as nothing but trash that should be disposed of. How any society treats its most vulnerable members is a pretty good indication of where that society is and where its going. Bumping off children, shoving old folks into homes where they are no longer seen or heard, and offering people euthanasia pills is a sign of a sick society with a dark future.

Yeah how dare people have the choice to end their own life if they so choose. Better to force them to live in despair their whole lives just so your conscience is clear.

Yeah how dare people have the choice to end their own life if they so choose. Better to force them to live in despair their whole lives just so your conscience is clear.
It will come to a point where you wont be given much of an option due to financial constraints. Thats where it will go if the government gets involved, which it will. Sorry, your treatments are too expensive. Heres a pill that cost nothing to make, and you'll die quietly. In the Netherlands its already normal to be euthanised for depression. Isnt that wonderful? Its really got nothing to do with my conscience, but it does and should for most people raise questions when governments get into the business of killing people, and also selling previously illegal drugs to people.

Hit the nail on the head. Agenda 21.

Very divisive and complicated issue and I have no illusions that I have a one size fits all solution. I've had a couple of experiences that could add to the discussion.

1) My daughter in law had a still born baby at 23 weeks and there is no doubt in mine, hers or my sons mind that the baby was a person. The grief was viewed through the prism of a death in the family.

2) I know a lady who many years ago had an early term abortion at 16 years of age and she was racked with guilt/regret and it still affects her psyche 42 years later.

In saying that my view is that it is a woman's right to do with her body what she wants, IMO it would be an abhorrent society that would force a woman to carry a baby she didn't want. Late term abortions though should be avoided if at all possible (education/counselling) unless it is a medical imperative.

freedom of choice, the baby in my opinion isn't a baby until it is born. until then it is a conglomeration of genes and won't be viable until it is
brought into the world.

when it is resting in the womb it is growing but the true life doesn't start until it is actually delivered.

freedom of choice, the baby in my opinion isn't a baby until it is born. until then it is a conglomeration of genes and won't be viable until it is
brought into the world.

when it is resting in the womb it is growing but the true life doesn't start until it is actually delivered.

So you're ok with a baby to be put down anytime up until right before it is born?

Many more babies to die in Ireland it seems after their referendum.
no just not so many babies born who aren't going to be cared for as well as those who are truly wanted...or
should I say that are going to be cared for properly.
we all know this.. we don't want to admit it do we?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back