Adam Goodes - 350 games

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This.

You need to embrace the hate ;)

Every club has a hated player, we've got Selwood (amongst others :p), Hawks have Lewis, Collingwood have a whole list, Freo has Crowley and Ballantyne, North have Thomas, and Swans have Goodes etc. It's not the end of the world, it's just part of the fun of being a fan and getting to bag each other

Agreed about clubs having hated players, but for the most part that usually means they a tough competitive players for their side

You dont win 2 brownlows and flags without being a champion, but there has been a big change in how he is viewed over the last five years
Over the last few years he has complained to the umps more and more. That coupled with a few incidents of him sliding into contests feet/knees first and also now the staging have probably tarnished his reputation in the eyes of opposition supporters.

Sydney fans probably dont agree, but its had to be objective, I mean I've dont think Ive seen Judd get a non deserved free since he got to Carlton, but I swear he used to get plenty at the Eagles
It hasn't looked good, but the last 2-3 years have coincided with him losing most of the mobility he used to have in his knees. So he can't really jump anymore, can't run as fast and can't break the lines. Even his kicking is going. He can still turn a game as a damaging half forward flanker, or even deep forward pocket. Can't think of a better 6'4 crumber.

Agreed about clubs having hated players, but for the most part that usually means they a tough competitive players for their side
This is true. The more successful the club, the more hate they will receive - they are directly proportional.

Not many people out there hating on Western Bulldogs or Saints or Melbourne at the moment

We all know when 90% of the hate started.

Yet another example of the quality people that endear the halls of bigfooty.

We all know when 90% of the hate started.

Yet another example of the quality people that endear the halls of bigfooty.
Those labelling him a dirty player, can u please nominate one single incident in his whole career where he has caused an injury to another player as a result of unfair play.
I'm sure him being such a sniper that there must be numerous examples of players missing weeks thru broken jaws, smashed teeth etc from Adams hits

Let us non Sydney supporters never ever ever forget the shameful public spectacle he subjected a child too in full view of a packed G, and national viewing audience.

That alone is enough to classify him as POS of the highest order I'm afraid.
A child? Turn it up she was 13 and should've known better

No idea, haven't really sat down with him and had a good long chat.

How about you?

I'm genuinely miffed by all this "dirty player" stuff that comes out here. Maybe I'm just a one-eyed and blinkered swans supporter. Seriously show me the light.

Can you please give me (and I think many other apparently one eyed swans and Goodes supporters) a list of all these horrific acts that Goodes has got away with? Please?

It would be great if the list is in chronological order from when he debuted 15 years ago in 1999. I'd like to know just how blinkered I've been and for how long I've missed the AFL conspiracy to protect Goodes.

No question he is not the player he once was and has been staging a bit too much. He's been rightly picked up for his staging, as have a fair few other players.

But is anyone here seriously questioning whether a 2 x brownlow medalist, 2 x premiership winner, 4 x AA is a great of the game?

Goodesy a champion of the game, really hoping he adds a 3rd premiership and goes out on top.

And I never said he wasn't a great player either.

But when people use phrases like "ornament to the game" you just have to laugh.

Guys like Robert Harvey and Luke Ball are ornaments to the game.

Are you serious?

13 mate, 13.

And christ, most people bar cola sucking swans Goodsey sycophants, would question the existence of intent.

Absolutely shameful behaviour from a man who clearly sees himself as some kind of Nelson Mandela.....utter horse shite.
In a packed MCG you can tell from someone's voice in one sentence how old someone is?

Why are you posting on BigFooty? You should be running the country with brainpower like that.

In a packed MCG you can tell from someone's voice in one sentence how old someone is?

Why are you posting on BigFooty? You should be running the country with brainpower like that.

He stood there looking at her pointing her out like she had just shot somebody.

It was obvious she was in her early teens.

I'm annoyed by the Goodes hate. I am disgusted by the defense of the girl. She was 13. What were you people like at 13? Was it common for you to hurt racial attacks at people? I am nothing special. I am not a genius. And I knew not to be a racist scumbag at 13. And if you think racism at that age is just fine stop blaming Goodes for pointing her out when he obviously didn't know she was 13 and has never encouraged attacks on her. His comments on her have always been about educating her.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You forgot to mention him being a serial sniper with a fondness for soccer slide tackles.

Anything else about this distasteful human being we need to put aside or does that about cover it?
Nobody hated him for this stuff before he called out racism. You people keep bringing out the red herrings but everyone sees through it. A bunch of other players have slid in the past or have played for a free and none have copped even a fraction of the hate he has. It isn't about diving. It isn't about sniping. It isn't about sliding. You know and I know it.

The bloke cops an astounding amount of shit on BigFooty, but he's a champion.
So were Jason Akermanis and Wayne Carey.

Being really good at kicking a leather ball wasn't enough to paper over the Grand Canyon-sized flaws in their personalities. Goodes is no different.

Great player, extremely ordinary bloke.

Nobody hated him for this stuff before he called out racism. You people keep bringing out the red herrings but everyone sees through it. A bunch of other players have slid in the past or have played for a free and none have copped even a fraction of the hate he has. It isn't about diving. It isn't about sniping. It isn't about sliding. You know and I know it.

Your right.

It's because your average Australian on the street resents at being told they are a racist.

I have never racially vilified a person in my life, and it sickens me seeing Goodes grandstanding about how racist we all are.

That's why we hate Goodes.

I'm annoyed by the Goodes hate. I am disgusted by the defense of the girl. She was 13. What were you people like at 13? Was it common for you to hurt racial attacks at people? I am nothing special. I am not a genius. And I knew not to be a racist scumbag at 13. And if you think racism at that age is just fine stop blaming Goodes for pointing her out when he obviously didn't know she was 13 and has never encouraged attacks on her. His comments on her have always been about educating her.
When we were 13 we were calling each other wogs all day.

Are you serious?

13 mate, 13.

And christ, most people bar cola sucking swans Goodsey sycophants, would question the existence of intent.

Absolutely shameful behaviour from a man who clearly sees himself as some kind of Nelson Mandela.....utter horse shite.

This has been done to death but jesus ****ing christ "subjected a child" no he heard someone call him an ape, thought nope that's not on, and gestured to the general area.

It's not like he leaned over the fence, started crying and picked her up crying she's a racist...

Let us non Sydney supporters never ever ever forget the shameful public spectacle he subjected a child too in full view of a packed G, and national viewing audience.

That alone is enough to classify him as POS of the highest order I'm afraid.

OK - do you think Goodes was subjected to a shameful spectacle just before this?

Bloody Darkies should just cop it sweet eh!

Reality check:

“First of all, Aboriginal people have been here a lot longer than anybody else, so just remember whose lands you are on and maybe pay a little bit more respect to that,’’

Sorry, A-Grade toolbag. His reputation has dissolved.

So, some of us can see right through your sacred cow and now you have your panties in a twist.

Adam Goodes has been getting away with his own particular brand of bullshit for years.

Yeah, great bloke and "ornament to the game." :rolleyes:

Hahahaha does the same apply to hodge, lewis and all your other nobs? Name me a player who hasn't done what goodes did in that bombers game at least once in their career.
Your tears are delicious though, similar to a guy savoy degustation, so please continue.

I don't always agree with everything that he says (i.e. he raved about Pilger's film Utopia, which I find to be an appalling piece of propaganda journalism), but the amount of vitriol he receives on BF in 2014 is revolting.

Historically we all joked about his seeming favourability with the MRP and the Brownlow, but he is still a legend of the game and his club, and generally a top bloke. He also obviously cares a lot about football, as seen through his emotions after a loss to Port in 2003, and his misery after the 2006 GF. Sure, he might not be 100% flawless in his sportsmanship once he steps out on the field (competitive sport is emotional afterall), but I'm sure if you asked the AFLPA about their view on him, it would be unanimous respect. And they know more than the self-justifying bad behavior of a random flog on BF.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back