Adam Goodes - 350 games

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're using those incidents to set him aside as one of the dirtiest players ever?

Seriously, that's all you've got????!!!!

There is plenty of stuff on Youtube that shows that Adam Goodes is very far from being the angel that you people claim. These are just two examples.

And I never said he was "one of the dirtiest payers ever" so how about you get your facts in order before debating with the adults?

The staging in recent times has been embarrassing to watch, and unbecoming of him.

But the guy is a deadset legend of the game. I wonder what some of the keyboard warriors here have achieved in their lives compared with Goodesy.

He is a great player, one of the greats of the game and future hall of fame superstar. A real pleasure to watch him over the years. It is a shame people can't get over their 'inner racism' to appreciate the player he has been over the years.

There is plenty of stuff on Youtube that shows that Adam Goodes is very far from being the angel that you people claim. These are just two examples.

And I never said he was "one of the dirtiest payers ever" so how about you get your facts in order before debating with the adults?

Point me in the direction of the adults and I'll debate with them.

And I never said he was an angel.

You're the one make him out to be the devil incarnate and then posting a clip of him bumping a guy in the back, pushing that other "ornament" James Hird who takes a dive and then diving himself.

I have no doubt every player in the league has engaged in these "shocking" incidents, yet here you are sprouting about Goodes being a "cheating underhanded sniper".

Please stop embarrasing yourself... or not, it's quite entertaining.

Yeah, go on.. . and as a person??

No idea, haven't really sat down with him and had a good long chat.

How about you?

I'm genuinely miffed by all this "dirty player" stuff that comes out here. Maybe I'm just a one-eyed and blinkered swans supporter. Seriously show me the light.

Can you please give me (and I think many other apparently one eyed swans and Goodes supporters) a list of all these horrific acts that Goodes has got away with? Please?

It would be great if the list is in chronological order from when he debuted 15 years ago in 1999. I'd like to know just how blinkered I've been and for how long I've missed the AFL conspiracy to protect Goodes.

No question he is not the player he once was and has been staging a bit too much. He's been rightly picked up for his staging, as have a fair few other players.

But is anyone here seriously questioning whether a 2 x brownlow medalist, 2 x premiership winner, 4 x AA is a great of the game?

Goodesy a champion of the game, really hoping he adds a 3rd premiership and goes out on top.

That Nelson Mandela was a bit of a flog eh?:p
Yep, considering he supported a woman whose thugs killed his opponents by burning tyres around their necks. Of course that wasn't his suggestion - he preferred the idea of cutting their noses off, leaving them permanently disfigured.

So, some of us can see right through your sacred cow and now you have your panties in a twist.

Adam Goodes has been getting away with his own particular brand of bullshit for years.

Yeah, great bloke and "ornament to the game." :rolleyes:

What? That's the worst that he's done? Oh wow, better call...
wambulance_logo.jpg

Goodes goes in and attacks contests in a clumsy way he has never knocked out a player with a bump or a swinging arm to the face so im not sure where all the thug and sniper calls come from?

If he has done something truly terrible on the football field and i can't recall then please fill me in.

He does dive and exaggerate contact i dont like it but he is hardly alone in that category, if anything it costs the team look at all the legit free kicks that Thomas didn't receive.

Anyways its a bit sad we have to defend him in a thread which should be about congratulating him on a fine achievement not many play 350 games.

But is anyone here seriously questioning whether a 2 x brownlow medalist, 2 x premiership winner, 4 x AA is a great of the game?

No, he has been an outstanding player.

He's just a self-important Wayne Anchor with stinky poo who struts like it smells great. It's nothing really important, but people don't have to like him if they don't want to.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No, he has been an outstanding player.

He's just a self-important Wayne Anchor with stinky poo who struts like it smells great. It's nothing really important, but people don't have to like him if they don't want to.

Agree with you that nobody has to like the guy.

But if you're going to call him a consistently dirty player who's been getting away with it for years and a "protected species" (could surely think of a better phrase than that...or maybe not), surely you need to be able to justify those comments? Otherwise if you can not, why are you saying it?

Agree with you that nobody has to like the guy.

But if you're going to call him a consistently dirty player who's been getting away with it for years and a "protected species" (could surely think of a better phrase than that...or maybe not), surely you need to be able to justify those comments? Otherwise if you can not, why are you saying it?
No one can doubt his footballing prowess and achievements, a champion of the game who has won premierships and Brownlows etc. And to make 350 games for a big fella is even more impressive.

However there is also no doubt that he is a 'protected species'. His tribunal record is staggering. Look up the hit on Selwood, he jumped 40cm's off the ground and deliberately smashed him in the head, and somehow got off. If that were any other player, would have got 2 weeks (and if it were Harvey, Johnson, Lewis, Franklin or Chapman they would have got 3+ weeks)

Jeez. Is there anything more sad and pathetic on BF than exactly the same small group of Sydney supporters creating their own threads over and over again just to seek some (more) attention for someone who is already arguably the most overblown and overpromoted player in the sport?

When will you guys just harden up, and face the fact that no amount of hyping him up on here will make anyone else feel any more disposed towards him? Are you really that insecure about one of your players being widely disliked by other supporters - and why don't you just deal with it in any case?

Yes, he has achieved some very good things in his career.

But no, most of us will never truly respect a player whose deeds are constantly overegged by the media and who has conducted himself very poorly on the field (and some would argue off it as well) on a regular basis. Live with it.

You dont win 2 brownlows and flags without being a champion, but there has been a big change in how he is viewed over the last five years
Over the last few years he has complained to the umps more and more. That coupled with a few incidents of him sliding into contests feet/knees first and also now the staging have probably tarnished his reputation in the eyes of opposition supporters.

Sydney fans probably dont agree, but its had to be objective, I mean I've dont think Ive seen Judd get a non deserved free since he got to Carlton, but I swear he used to get plenty at the Eagles

Indeed, just an excellent player really, reliable in the Supercoach for a long period, he stood up to that little girl who teased him and will play in four Grand Finals for hopefully 3 premierships. I enjoyed watching him play when he was at his best and I enjoy booing him now, if he bows out he will have done a lot for my experience of football.

"Conducted him self very poorly on the field and off it". o_O

Some people can't truly respect him, because there is the element of the Tall Poppy syndrome. They would rather be keyboard heroes.
His record and longevity in the game speaks for itself, surely people can acknowledge and respect that.

You dont win 2 brownlows and flags without being a champion, but there has been a big change in how he is viewed over the last five years
Over the last few years he has complained to the umps more and more. That coupled with a few incidents of him sliding into contests feet/knees first and also now the staging have probably tarnished his reputation in the eyes of opposition supporters.

Sydney fans probably dont agree, but its had to be objective, I mean I've dont think Ive seen Judd get a non deserved free since he got to Carlton, but I swear he used to get plenty at the Eagles

Quite amusing that you mention Chris Judd when he's engaged in far more obvious dirty acts than Goodes but is seen in a completely different light.

Complete double standards.

Jeez. Is there anything more sad and pathetic on BF than exactly the same small group of Sydney supporters creating their own threads over and over again just to seek some (more) attention for someone who is already arguably the most overblown and overpromoted player in the sport?

When will you guys just harden up, and face the fact that no amount of hyping him up on here will make anyone else feel any more disposed towards him? Are you really that insecure about one of your players being widely disliked by other supporters - and why don't you just deal with it in any case?

Yes, he has achieved some very good things in his career.

But no, most of us will never truly respect a player whose deeds are constantly overegged by the media and who has conducted himself very poorly on the field (and some would argue off it as well) on a regular basis. Live with it.
This.

You need to embrace the hate ;)

Every club has a hated player, we've got Selwood (amongst others :p), Hawks have Lewis, Collingwood have a whole list, Freo has Crowley and Ballantyne, North have Thomas, and Swans have Goodes etc. It's not the end of the world, it's just part of the fun of being a fan and getting to bag each other

Only in Australia could a man who actively campaigns against racism be hated for that exact reason. Australia is ass-backwards sometimes and uses all sorts of piss weak excuses to justify it.

inb4 B-but he's a dirty player! B-but he's a flog! I-it's nothing to do with racism!

He's a champion player and deserved Aussie of the year. Top bloke.
America disagrees.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back