Coach Adam Simpson Megathread est. 2017 - Staying for 2024, Lyon’s Cryin’

Will Simpson be Head Coach at WCE in 2024

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It needs to happen.

The midfield looked so much better with Sheed onball and Gaffs disposal under pressure has been putrid.

Was kicking at 17% halfway through the evening.
Yeap

I know Gaff was receiving praise around the country for having 35 posess games in a row, but they've been poor games.

Sheed to the middle.

Masten has to make way. There is no other option.

You can't tell me you can't find a way to fit and Gaff in the same midfield.
He can, but he is not suited to playing onball or around the contest in this shape.

His disposal and decision making is real bad at the moment and it is robbing both Sheed and Redden of their best position.

He can, but he is not suited to playing onball or around the contest in this shape.

His disposal and decision making is real bad at the moment and it is robbing both Sheed and Redden of their best position.

I know I was just joking.

Surely our midfield structures are not so inflexible that we can't make Gaff and Sheed work?

Yeap

I know Gaff was receiving praise around the country for having 35 posess games in a row, but they've been poor games.

Sheed to the middle.

Masten has to make way. There is no other option.
i said it at the time, but that was one of the worst 35 possie games ive seen someone play. those kicks went to no one.

I was glad he stayed but he isnt that damaging

I know I was just joking.

Surely our midfield structures are not so inflexible that we can't make Gaff and Sheed work?
The thing is, Sheed and Redden both started playing their best footy when Gaff was out of the side. Worth considering that we haven't truly made Gaff/Sheed/Redden work that well together yet.

Get Masten out of the team, stick Gaff on a wing away from the onball division no matter how bad he wants it and bring in another running player.

Gaff can * off to be honest. Punched a bloke, pulled the classic private school boy bullshit by pulling every string he could to make himself look like the greatest human being in the AFL, sooked like a massive baby after the GF, strung the whole club along for the whole year only to sign some super secretive probably short contract because he thought it was likely he’d get himself a premiership here in the year.

Has been putrid in his three games and stifled Sheed. 35 possessions dies not equal good games

* him.

The thing is, Sheed and Redden both started playing their best footy when Gaff was out of the side. Worth considering that we haven't truly made Gaff/Sheed/Redden work that well together yet.

Get Masten out of the team, stick Gaff on a wing away from the onball division no matter how bad he wants it and bring in another running player.

I'm wondering if maybe we have Redden and Sheed as our insides and Shuey and Gaff as our outsides?

Pretending premier wingman meant premier midfielder.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

bdn3o6d4y7t21.png

Petruccelle gets 3 seats to fit in his massive shoulders.

Gaff can **** off to be honest. Punched a bloke, pulled the classic private school boy bullshit by pulling every string he could to make himself look like the greatest human being in the AFL, sooked like a massive baby after the GF, strung the whole club along for the whole year only to sign some super secretive probably short contract because he thought it was likely he’d get himself a premiership here in the year.

Has been putrid in his three games and stifled Sheed. 35 possessions dies not equal good games

**** him.
Tiff's up and about and he's mad.

Go off king.

Gaff can **** off to be honest. Punched a bloke, pulled the classic private school boy bullshit by pulling every string he could to make himself look like the greatest human being in the AFL, sooked like a massive baby after the GF, strung the whole club along for the whole year only to sign some super secretive probably short contract because he thought it was likely he’d get himself a premiership here in the year.

**** him.

While I'm always up for a good melt, this is a bit much. The guy gave up a substantial amount of money and the chance to go home to stay, when, in all honesty, most people would have left. That's gotta mean something. Also, he signed a six year deal (he said it was a long one in an interview recently), so it's not like he just stayed for a premiership; he's here for the long run.

Seems quite obvious doesn't it? Gaff into Mastos spot on the wing makes us instantly a better team from the one that won the GF.

Its no coincidence that our contested ball went through the roof in the finals series. Gaff is a winger (and a very very good one) but not an inside mid. Redden and Sheed are.

Eagles suck in wet weather conditions. But this one is as much on the Match Commitee and the coaching staff as on the players.

Match Commitee cant expect to go into a game with two big rucks and a pinch hitting Oallen and expect to win against a bunch of Port speedsters.

Also, Love Simmo, but hes gotta he getting the boys used to a modified game-style in non-dry conditions. Cant throw the same crap at the wall and expect it to stick every time

Can the MC please drop masten does anyone listen????
Seems quite obvious doesn't it? Gaff into Mastos spot on the wing makes us instantly a better team from the one that won the GF.

Its no coincidence that our contested ball went through the roof in the finals series. Gaff is a winger (and a very very good one) but not an inside mid. Redden and Sheed are.

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Weather had nothing to do with us getting smashed. Looks like there are some on here who need a bail out excuse for our poor performances. Truth is we have been garbage for all bar 1.5 games this year.

Why have we gone away from what worked last year ?

Dont play midfielders in the position of the forwards and dont play too tall .

Also the 666 rule has really screwed our centre bounce mojo . No more spitter coming off the back of the square . Our mids need to beat their opponent now .

Gaff needs to GTFO of our centre bounces he is soft , one paced and just hacks it forward without looking

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back