Coach Adam Simpson Megathread est. 2017 - Staying for 2024, Lyon’s Cryin’

Will Simpson be Head Coach at WCE in 2024

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think he could do with seeking out an experienced assistant next year. He's one of the more senior coaches himself and I'm fairly certain we don't have any other coaches in our system that have been a senior coach before. I'm not a huge fan of our tendency to go all-young with our coaches.

I think he woke up.

Gee we post some s**t as a collective.

Trade Darling even got a mention. :$

Another big test today, let’s see what he comes up with.

Expecting a clamp on Issac Smith.

Reckon this will a tight contest, hopefully our new vigour for run and spread plus Darlings incredible form continues.

Go Eagles.

I think he woke up.

Reckon this will a tight contest, hopefully our new vigour for run and spread plus Darlings incredible form continues.

Go Eagles.
Do you think we could trade Darling for Dusty?

I think he woke up.

Go Eagles.
I stand by most of the things I said in the OP, to be fair!

We went too tall down back last year. Check.

Jetta was not being utilised effectively. Check.

Rioli will be a great inclusion. Check.

Simmo has control of the team now. Check.
Wanted Simmo when Woosha went and was stoked when we got him.

But ever since the start of last year I haven't rated his work at all. Backing in Mackenzie from the start of last year was a mistake, going away from the defensive system that worked the year before. The whole Mitch Brown fiasco, that doesn't need any explanation. Supposedly we worked on wet weather football over the break but we overused it like mother ****ers today.

I'm standing up for Jetta too. Simpson has no idea how to use him. Doesn't throw him forward, just leaves him to jog around unsure of his own role. We have a weapon, bloody learn to utilise him.

Willie Rioli will be a huge inclusion, we need a crumbing forward.

Where's he at?

I stand by most of the things I said in the OP, to be fair!

We went too tall down back last year. Check.

Jetta was not being utilised effectively. Check.

Rioli will be a great inclusion. Check.

Simmo has control of the team now. Check.
Wasn’t a crack you old mate, I was right there with ya.

Happy to see him respond and respond well.

His legacy will be summarised by the limp deer-in-headlights performance in the 2015 GF. A good coach, see: Luke Beveridge, would have his side ready to play.

A lot currently is on our lack of match-winners, but Simpson will never take us to a flag

Wish we still had Pyke.

Our players just don't stand up. Little change in the same group of players since pre-Simpson and we all said Woosha had lost the passion & playing group.

To stand up when it counts, when the going gets tough (like away games where you're team is pinned in D50 for a half) is up to the players on the field.

Flat track away when everyone's down to party but no one wants to get in there and say, "fuc# it, lets clean this s**t up"

Same ol culprits when our backs are to the wall. Its a player mental state. Not sure if Simpson or anyone can fix it in games like today. We've seen it a lot over the last 10 years. Not often we get dragged over the line by a hero.

I said it last year as well, but hopefully everyone can stop pretending that we're in a premiership window now. You need to actually have a potential premiership winning side to be in a window. We don't, and we never really have (2015 was a weak year and we were completely outshone when it mattered). Our midfield is still totally average, we have one genuine line-breaking mid in Shuey (Jetta barely counts at this point), Mitchell, whilst a champion doesn't fix that; Priddis again showed today that he's never been an A-grader and never will, Gaff isn't even remotely close to being a match winner, Redden and Hutchings are painfully average footballers, Masten is Masten and we don't have any quality depth (Sheed is good and solid but hasn't shown anything to even remotely suggest he'll end up as more).

Our ball movement is still awful under pressure, we get killed on the spread, we're slow, we make bad decisions in tight too often and we struggle to respond to momentum shifts.

50e872e31df08fa1b336ab3e769c964b

This was all after a close loss at the MCG to the eventual premiers, by the way. In Round 3.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Hurn/LeCras/Priddis/Kennedy generation won't win a flag - too soft in the underbelly and prone to shitting the bed.

Can lump Darling in with that group.

The hope is that Naitanui is not completely stuffed and we can build from there.

1 of Hutchings/Sheed/Redden can play each week. It should be Sheed considering the other 2 are certified average plodders.

Jetta is here for the pay cheque. He's no Eagle.

Need a few new sparks in there ASAP.

Well.

I nailed it didn’t I?

I was right about Priddis!...

But wrong about LeCras, Hurn and Kennedy...and Darling.

Turned out we didn’t need Naitanui (but let’s hope he’s not completely stuffed!...again..)

Hutchings, Sheed and Redden all Premiership heroes...I had hope for Sheed!...was wrong about the other 2.

I was harsh on Jetta - he’s proven his worth!

What a difference 18 months can make!

"Monday's Experts
Always know what's best
Always tell you what you should've done
Monday's Experts
Always know what's cooking
How the game was lost and how it could've been won "

Mick Thomas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back