Coach Adam Simpson Megathread est. 2017 - Staying for 2024, Lyon’s Cryin’

Will Simpson be Head Coach at WCE in 2024

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Time for a rebuild. Put Priddis and Mitchell out to pasture end season. Trade Darling and Ezy. Play the kids. We no win flag this yr.
There's every chance that Priddis and Mitchell would put themselves out to pasture. End will come quickly for Priddis.

Hence we need to draft more mids

Our players just don't stand up. Little change in the same group of players since pre-Simpson and we all said Woosha had lost the passion & playing group.

To stand up when it counts, when the going gets tough (like away games where you're team is pinned in D50 for a half) is up to the players on the field.

Flat track away when everyone's down to party but no one wants to get in there and say, "fuc# it, lets clean this s**t up"

Same ol culprits when our backs are to the wall. Its a player mental state. Not sure if Simpson or anyone can fix it in games like today. We've seen it a lot over the last 10 years. Not often we get dragged over the line by a hero.

Don't forget the poor recruiting that Simmo has a huge say on. Blind freddy could of picked Mitch McGovern. I remember when we didn't pick him thinking how stupid that was.
SPP was another given as we desperately needed ready made players.

Dustin Martin with 20 clearances. A good coach doesn't let this happen. Nothing changed all game, dusty could just have the ball on a yoyo.
So we just trade for Martin, cos threads like this used to occur after Mitchell tore us a new one and we lost to Hawthorn.

Mitchell-Priddis-Redden-Hutchings-Masten

Probably the most one paced midfield of all time. Sheed to come in next week for one, won't exactly fix the issue.

Venables will probably play forward (and be a gun tbf) for the first 4-5 years of his career. Need some SPP style power and pace through there.

Don't forget the poor recruiting that Simmo has a huge say on. Blind freddy could of picked Mitch McGovern. I remember when we didn't pick him thinking how stupid that was.

Simpson doesn't have a huge say on recruiting. Don't let facts get in the way though.

My goodness you do chuck a wobbly. We could've, should've etc etc. We didn't so we have to make the best of what players we have on our list. I'm sure every teams supporters have a winge or two about something

He can only do what he can do with the players he has been given. We have some really one dimensional players in the team esp. in the midfield. Its scary to imagine how bad we will really get when JK is no longer in the team (pretty much the only match winner we have). Most of the blame must be placed squarely on the recruiters shoulders.

Used to be a big fan, but it's clear he doesn't know what the **** he's doing. Hasn't done anything to deter the soft attitude we seem to have. Folded like a deck of cards today, deplorable wet weather skills. He's out of his depth.
I like Simmo, however I have said it before and not sure whether correct, but was it Pykes coaching skills that got us into the GF in 2015? I sometimes wonder!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Like Simmo, but have been disappointed with the lack of list turnover and best 22 turnover to be honest. Drafting been terrible too. Who needs SPP when you got the potato machine Masten out there

Cant blame Simpson for our drafting.

That lies squarely at the feet of this bloke.

images-7.jpg

Unfortunately he doesn't rate hardness at the ball and contest highly... if at all.

Simpson say that he rated competitive instincts when he was appointed as Coach, O'Brien wouldn't know what that was if it bit him on the arse.

He can only do what he can do with the players he has been given. We have some really one dimensional players in the team esp. in the midfield. Its scary to imagine how bad we will really get when JK is no longer in the team (pretty much the only match winner we have). Most of the blame must be placed squarely on the recruiters shoulders.
He's had two years to get the types of players he wants into the club.

I said it last year as well, but hopefully everyone can stop pretending that we're in a premiership window now. You need to actually have a potential premiership winning side to be in a window. We don't, and we never really have (2015 was a weak year and we were completely outshone when it mattered). Our midfield is still totally average, we have one genuine line-breaking mid in Shuey (Jetta barely counts at this point), Mitchell, whilst a champion doesn't fix that; Priddis again showed today that he's never been an A-grader and never will, Gaff isn't even remotely close to being a match winner, Redden and Hutchings are painfully average footballers, Masten is Masten and we don't have any quality depth (Sheed is good and solid but hasn't shown anything to even remotely suggest he'll end up as more).

Our ball movement is still awful under pressure, we get killed on the spread, we're slow, we make bad decisions in tight too often and we struggle to respond to momentum shifts.

We kick straighter then we praise Simmo funny game is the football.

If you actually aggregate the teams performance over the last few years you can clearly see where the deficiencies are i.e. midfield depth and hardness, yet the recruiting and game plan has yet to address that issue.

Like most clubs I dont think he has much of a say, still not sure its a wise approach.
Surely he'd have a type of player he wants though. I know it's the recruiters job mostly, but it isn't like they rock up, hand him a bunch of players and tell him to work it out.

Are we really taking this loss that seriously?

For whatever reason, it was an off day for us, simple as that. We still are a top 4 team, with the better list, and any other day if the week we would've won.

Remember what happened after the Collingwood loss last year?

Have a little faith, don't start calling the season a bust only 3 rounds into the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back